Water Leak in an Ibiza Cupra

markdraper

I have a water leak in my 02 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vt, it is soaking wet behind the passeger front seat, so I am guessing its under the front carpet too, but just being soaked up by the foam stuff.

Do you have any ideas, anybody hady problems with this yourselves, I have had the car into seat once and they replaced the door and window seals, but it is still wet. It's going in again tomorrow.

I will let you know how it goes, but just wondering if anybody has any ideas!

mark

andy_tech

Aug 27, 2004
Very common problem - on all Ibizas, Leons, Toledos and VW Golfs.

It is the seal inside the door - get a big tube of silcone sealant.

Link to post about seal

If it is just on the passengers side might also be a poorly fitted pollen filter - fitted under plastic trim at bottom of windscreen (outside car).

markdraper

cheers for that andy, the car is in camberly seat now and hopefully they will find the problem, if not then I don't know what to do.
Its a nitemare in the mornings with the damp inside the car, have to sit there for a few minutes with the A/C on to try and clear the windscreen.

markdraper

well, took it seat yesterday and they sorted a few bits out.

They said it may of been the pollen filter so they checked that and resealed someting on there, they checked the windscreen and said it had been replaced once in it's life, so resealed a suspect area of that and they reposition a grommet that I moved when I put a power cable through.

Hopefully it is all ok now, if not then it's going back again.

markdraper

I have had the pollen filter stuff done, the door seals and it is still have a wet floor, they say the windscreen has been replaced, before I owned the car and say it may be that leaking.

Is that a viable option or are they talking out there.......!

Any ideas, how can I test this and if it is shall I just go through my insurance and get a new one put in.

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
I had something similar... but it was my fault :redface:
You say you've put a power cable in? This was why mine was leaking (only for 1 day though). I put a cable throught the grommet under the wiper motor and there was a small gap that water leaked through. I used some sealant on this and it never leaked again.

markdraper

I have had the pollen filter stuff done, the door seals and it is still have a wet floor, they say the windscreen has been replaced, before I owned the car and say it may be that leaking.

Is that a viable option or are they talking out there.......!

Any ideas, how can I test this and if it is shall I just go through my insurance and get a new one put in.

markdraper

right, after my car going back in again, it hopefully is now sorted.

They found a problem with the AC outlet pipe dumping all the excess water into the car and not out side, so they have fixed that. That sounds more of a solution than the windscreen leaking. well for that much water.

Also as it was in I said about a light on the dash, they said the coolant levels were low, so they topped that up, but they looked at the water pump and it was leaking, so they took it apart and found 3 fins of the impeller had broken. So they replaced the whole pump under warranty, when looking at that they found the cambelt to have contamination on it, so they did that too under warranty. So all in all Result, fingers crossed I hope the leak is sorted now :)

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
nice one. sounds like it was a good thing (in a strange way) that it went in again.
Seat Camberley yeah?
i wonder how many other seat dealers would have actually "offered" to do all that work without you even knowing anything was wrong!?
Mark :)

markdraper

I have to say they have been good to me with my car.

Lets just hope it's sorted now.

Cheers
Mark

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
right, after my car going back in again, it hopefully is now sorted.

They found a problem with the AC outlet pipe dumping all the excess water into the car and not out side, so they have fixed that. That sounds more of a solution than the windscreen leaking. well for that much water.

Also as it was in I said about a light on the dash, they said the coolant levels were low, so they topped that up, but they looked at the water pump and it was leaking, so they took it apart and found 3 fins of the impeller had broken. So they replaced the whole pump under warranty, when looking at that they found the cambelt to have contamination on it, so they did that too under warranty. So all in all Result, fingers crossed I hope the leak is sorted now :)

i got a leak in my passenger rear foot well, where is the AC outlet located so i can check that?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise