water leak

k3rm1tt

Hi folks, am a newbie to this forum having recently purchased an '06 Leon TFSI sport. The reason that I am posting in here is that I have discovered that under the mats on the passenger side the carpets are wet, front and back.
It seemed to dry off when the rain stopped for a couple of weeks or so but is now coming back with a vengeance.
Therefore am defo assuming there is rain water getting in somewhere!

Anyways, have done a forum search and can see that this seems fairly common, however I have not come across a member complaining about this happening on a mk2, so does anyone know of anyone else it has happened to with one of these? I would have thought with this being a newish car that this should have been addressed by the manufacturer.

It is going into the SEAT in Glenrothes soon (just waiting on my jacking point cover being painted too to save making two trips) does anyone have any reviews of this dealer?
The car itself was originally purchased from Arnold Shark SEAT in Edinburgh (defo not by me though).

Thanks in advance for any feedback, by the way will post some pics soon. In the mean time I can say its black with the BTCC kit and 18" BBS alloys, only mods are tints and a STAR Perofrmance remap so now putting out 245 bhp woo hoo! Next on the cards is uprated fuel pump and perhaps a quick shift too.:)

k3rm1tt

Thanks for that Foxy, I have today checked around the bonnet etc for any leafs blocking drain holes but was OK.
I have not had after market speakers installed, though was considering it until now at least!
When it goes into the dealers I will try to insist on the carpet being changed too.
I have noticed now with the weather getting worse I am getting condenstation inside the front screen and in the corners by the wing mirros too, so obviously not a happy bunny!
I just hope it gets sorted quickly and to my satisfaction.

MIKE THOMPSON

Sep 12, 2008
Bridgend- Mid Glamorgan
Have you checked the pollen filter - is it seated correctly? - this caused leaks in the previous cars - just as you describe.Early VW Passats had a similar fault - water gets through and then passes to the footwells front and rear through the ducting under the seats.I had a similar prolem on a Mondeo as well. Maybe the pollen filter is missing altogether?

Mike

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
:confused:
Hi folks, am a newbie to this forum having recently purchased an '06 Leon TFSI sport. The reason that I am posting in here is that I have discovered that under the mats on the passenger side the carpets are wet, front and back.
It seemed to dry off when the rain stopped for a couple of weeks or so but is now coming back with a vengeance.
Therefore am defo assuming there is rain water getting in somewhere!

Anyways, have done a forum search and can see that this seems fairly common, however I have not come across a member complaining about this happening on a mk2, so does anyone know of anyone else it has happened to with one of these? I would have thought with this being a newish car that this should have been addressed by the manufacturer.

It is going into the SEAT in Glenrothes soon (just waiting on my jacking point cover being painted too to save making two trips) does anyone have any reviews of this dealer?
The car itself was originally purchased from Arnold Shark SEAT in Edinburgh (defo not by me though).

Thanks in advance for any feedback, by the way will post some pics soon. In the mean time I can say its black with the BTCC kit and 18" BBS alloys, only mods are tints and a STAR Perofrmance remap so now putting out 245 bhp woo hoo! Next on the cards is uprated fuel pump and perhaps a quick shift too.:)

How did you get on?

Ewan

May 7, 2008
Water in footwells

Another forum member had this problem which was traced to the water pipe from the air con unit not being attached properly, so the condensed water was draining inside the car instead of onto the road

JD_SCN

Sometimes it can be the smallest things like a small rubber gromet has come loose, happened to my previous car, main dealer (this was a renault) couldn't find a fault, but my local garage diagnosed the problem straight away.
I'm guessing your front footwell is a lot wetter than the rear? How wet exactly is it? as in squelchy...almost standing water? Or just enough to notice dampness?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.