water leak

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
are the mk1 seats leon's known for having water leaks? i've only had mine for 2 weeks came home tonight to find all my window's steamed up.

looking inside the car i found that the carpets didn't feel wet but both front mats had little wet patches on them

i've not used the car since sunday night and it hadn't rained today

where should i be looking for the leaks??

thanks

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i was like that last year till i selled the **** out of everything with tiger seal and touch wood(my head) it ant leaked since

Deleted member 48395

When you open the doors, do you get water pouring out over the sills?

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
sorry for jumping in alex

when i got to mine at work to come home, the windows was steamed up so i checked the the footwells for water but nothing :confused::help::confused: any ideas lee?

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
sorry for jumping in alex

when i got to mine at work to come home, the windows was steamed up so i checked the the footwells for water but nothing :confused::help::confused: any ideas lee?

fluctuation in temperature can cause a lot of cars to steam up - It would also be due to a leak!

Check all carpets but if everything feels dry then I think you're in the clear :)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
not a fix for the leak but I have a moisture trap in my car similar to
kontrol%20streamline%20moisture%20trap%20ocean%20spray%20scent%20500g%20%C2%A34.99.jpg

picked mine up in local discount store B&M - hypervalue pound stop

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
fluctuation in temperature can cause a lot of cars to steam up - It would also be due to a leak!

Check all carpets but if everything feels dry then I think you're in the clear :)

i checked under all the mats both front and rear, passenger and drivers side. rubbed my hand over the carpet but all felt dry. it may be due to the temperture then, today started quite warm and sunny then went wet and cold. i may be just paranoid :) never noticed it before

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
^^ i like that, ill see how it goes for now, when the cars had the pollen filter changed if it still does it ill invest in one until i track down why its doing it in the first place.

Deleted member 48395

I have some silica gel which should hopefully do the same thing. Not quite as cool at the pingi though!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise