Weird problem - car seems to try to unlock itself when driving?

Adamantium

First of all, happy new year everyone ;)

My car seems to have developed a strange problem...

Basically, when I switch the ignition on - 70% of the time I’m hearing a clicking sound. The same sound then reoccurs randomly when driving.
I couldn't work out what it was to begin with, but after a lunchtime of playing I’ve discovered it's the car seemingly trying to "unlock" itself.
Basically it seems like the mechanism that locks / unlocks the car is activating (and the interiour light is coming on).
I don't get the indicator flashes as i would if i were to unlock the car normally, and it only seems to happen once the car is started.
When i first start the car up it seems to happen when i tap the accelerator!?
After that it seems to be completely random, sometimes 10min's of driving and it won't do it once, and then it'll do it 10 times in quick succession! :blink:
The car locks and unlocks fine.

The only related thing that i can think of, is when driving through a particulaly dodgy area of London on New Years Eve, the missus locked the passenger-side door by pushing the lock thingy down. Whether or not that is relevant i have no idea?

/cry
Suggestions??

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
hmmm sounds a bit like the problem i had that......

best thing to advise is to take the battery connector off for 30mins then see how it is after that....

had a 2002 cupra.......and similiar symtons about a month ago....il try and dig out the post pal...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members