Wet Passenger Footwell.

liver-red

Aug 11, 2009
Hey chaps,

I did use the search function.
Mainly this issue is caused by a leaky door? Loads of threads on ibiza's / leons.

If I press down on the carpet - I can get a good cm of water.

I've checked for any leakage of wet signs running down to the footwell.. but it's bone dry! Nothing at all.

I'll be taking the door seals off tomorrow to double check. Also be checking the pollen filter (read on the leon this may cause a wet floor?)

Whilst I'm out there, any other ideas?!

:edit:

p.s - a while back I posted about my brake lights! It seems, now every so often there's a light failure (dashboard tells me).... the Left hand side - Side light doesnt work... nor does the left hand side rear light.

Sometimes - this starts working again.. so a faulty connection? Could this be something to do with the wet footwell?

Last edited:

oliverpe

Had the exact same issue on my Leon Cupra (51), puddle in the passenger footwell after heavy rain. Faulty door seals was the problem, replaced under warranty.

Not had the issue on my Altea XL (07).

liver-red

Aug 11, 2009
My passenger footwell was wet because the windscreen was leaking!
Replaced under warrenty! :)

Windscreen o_0

Surely - if the windscreen was leaking... the dashboard would be wet or something? Or... is it going BEHIND the dash - then somehow finding it's way down?

I haven't had chance to look at mine yet! boiler broke.. it's been replaced now though..

so next few days - I'll be out there.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Could be a couple of things. Run your A/C on full cold for a while (if outside temps allow it) and just check the drain drips on to the floor. Could well be adrift.

liver-red

Aug 11, 2009
Could be a couple of things. Run your A/C on full cold for a while (if outside temps allow it) and just check the drain drips on to the floor. Could well be adrift.

now that you mention it - The guys we bought the car off 4 months ago mentioned he fitted a new A/C system.

Drain drips onto the floor? Onto the footwell ?

also - noticed the footwell behind the passenger side is starting to get wet. arggg

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Windscreen o_0

Surely - if the windscreen was leaking... the dashboard would be wet or something? Or... is it going BEHIND the dash - then somehow finding it's way down?

I haven't had chance to look at mine yet! boiler broke.. it's been replaced now though..

so next few days - I'll be out there.

Yep seeping behind the dash! i had a shock when it was that,i was arguing that it was door seals too!

But the screen needed changing as the bottom cm was white (Delaminating) so they said try that and see how it goes,18 months later,its still dry :)

liver-red

Aug 11, 2009
ah! Well today I have chance to take a better look.

Got a few things to check. Cheers guys :)

(if it is the A/C - do these things have warrenties on them?)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
ah! Well today I have chance to take a better look.

Got a few things to check. Cheers guys :)

(if it is the A/C - do these things have warrenties on them?)

How old is the car? If its less than 3 years,then everything apart from tyres should be covered! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.