Wet Read footwell

Neomancer

Wet Rear footwell

just driven home from work tru some big puddles

and... on the drivers side rear passenger footwell. its very wet...

i dont think its door seals.. as its only wet on the side where the handbrake etc is

any ideas? im thinking one of those plastic/rubber seal thingys on the drain holes under the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Could well be. Since I stripped the inside of mine it is surprising the amount of water that comes in through the drain holes when you drive in the wet.

Neomancer

lovely.. i assume its just a case of seat dealer & buy some plugs and push em in? or is it more effort than that

Neomancer

just mopped it all out :|

checked the drain plugs.. on that side of the car they seem fine.. 2 of em

other side of the car (passenger rear footwell) they look perished. but its dry that side

and there was a whole kitchen roll of water in there.. im wondering if its something more than drain holes

any ideas?

Neomancer

nope. its only wet behind the drivers seat.. no dampness anywhere else. :S

Neomancer

nah its the wrong side.. as far as i know that pipe runs passenger side :/

Neomancer

well. the car has been in a accident before i got it.. but that was the passenger wing/door :p
but thats not the kinda accident your meaning ;)

umm its a bit of a misson removing it all is't it?

had a look in the haynes.. its not covered there :/

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
It is abit of a mission yeah but if its going to happen again it deffinatly needs sorting. Water in the car isnt good, you dont want the floor rotting :(

Neomancer

bottom of the door trim is already off. but the carpet is attached under the rear seats.. so thats gonna be a pain to pull out the whole drivers side?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
you will be able to lift the carpet up a bit wont you? i managed when i fitted the new seats. its not actually attached under the seat i dont think... or i dont remember it being... have you got the seat out? if not its just one bolt at the front of the seat, you may be able to lift it up a bit easier then

Neomancer

i can lift the carpet a few cm. its too tight to get much out of it.

it is attached with plastic clip thingys either end of the bottom and the bottom bit of the rear seats have 2 hinge thingys... i should be able to unbolt it.

its going up on rams at my parents tomorrow night.. hopefully its something small.. dont fancy splashing out for wielding etc :/

curiously thro investigation. the sides of the footwell are dry.. only the bottom is wet.. and i've defo not grounded out the car on anything to make a hole or anything :|

Neomancer

defo water.. ist cold and water like

already been thru the "oh **** is it petrol" etc

as for gearchange.. its a cable jobbie

and its behind the drivers seat.. ie where the rear passenger sticks their feet

Neomancer

lol.. i've not had anyone in the back for ages.. and it goes through stages.. depends on if its raining or not

:/

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.