What Audi/VW wheels will fit an Exeo ST

Northern Bloke

I need to buy a cheap set of wheels for my snow tyres - we drive to the Alps twice each winter to ski and have a set of winter tyres that i have mounted and demounted every year.

I'd rather have another set of rims for these tyres - they don't have to be pretty, but they need to be the right offset etc - hence i thought that Audi/VW 17" (7.5J) would be the easiest thing to find.

Can anyone say for sure which wheels will fit from the plethora of rims on e-bay?

A4
A3
A6
TT
Golf
Passat
????????

cheers :confused:

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
You need offset around 40iirc, pcd of 5x112 and a centre bore of 57.1mm (I'm guessing they still use the old a4 hubs and not the newer 66.6mm centre bore hubs.) make sure your cb is correct, a sloppy cb is no good,

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
The Skoda supurb has the right off set and pcd and go for the 16" tyre selection is bigger [ you should also be able to use the std. bolts too, but check it out]

jinidos

Sep 10, 2010
dendermonde (Belgium)
i have 18" 8.5... 35 offset....in front that is the lowest offset you want to have, its perfect flush.
In the back i'm gonna put a spacer, so that i have offset 30.

But i'm going for the looks, flushfit.
Pics comming soon in my readers rides thread.

johns_sp

I too have been looking for replacement wheels. Having an older 59 model mine came with the 9 spoke 16" Morfeo alloys as standard. Althought the ride is very comfortable (especially with the standard suspension setup) I crave bigger wheels and I haven't entirely discounted the possibility of lowering in the future...

I would like to replace with 17's or 18's at some stage soon.

A trawl of ebay shows loads of A3/A4 wheels for sale however my concern is due to tyre width or sidewall profile they would rub in the arches.

Would B7 17"/18" Audi A4 alloys fit and if so with which tyre profiles and in what offset?

Would B8 (current shape) 18" Audi A4 alloys fit with 245/40/18 tyres eg 18" 5 spoke S-Line wheels or would these rub? They look pretty high in the side wall with full tread.

Appreciate this is a lot of information but I dont want to end up with wheels that donlt fit or having to use spacers etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Seat reduced the width of the tyres to improve the ride, b7 18s will go straight on the Audi rims are 8 wide and take a 235 35 18 tyre, the stock seat 18 is a 225 40 18

You won't scrub unless you go lower or up the tyre rolling radius, or go stupidly wide or low offset,

B8 alloys will fit provided the offset is ok, but you will need a spigot ring adaptor as b8s are too big, and the tyres are too big as well so you will need to change them

johns_sp

Ok so just to clarify, should I forget about B8 alloys, I gather the tyres are just too big?

In relation to B7 alloys 18's (with the 235 tyres) these would fit with no mods required?

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Ok so just to clarify, should I forget about B8 alloys, I gather the tyres are just too big?

In relation to B7 alloys 18's (with the 235 tyres) these would fit with no mods required?

they prob would go on if you changed the tyres to the correct size, but B7 wheels will drop straight on.

make sure you get genuine alloys though not copies, copies tend to be heavier, weaker and different offset

johns_sp

All the B7 A4 18" alloys for sale on ebay seem to be on 235/40/18 tyres

Would this still be acceptable or would I have to change them to a 35 profile?

Also A3 18's seem to be on 225/40/18s the same tyre size as Seat's factory 18's

Do you know if the offset for the A3 alloys would fit on the Exeo?

Again sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure before I spend! :headhurt:

Last edited by a moderator:

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
235 40 rings a bell as being correct not 35 like I said, you would really need the 35 to keep everything spot on, however it won't make a massive difference. Personally I prefer to buy the wheels are tyres separately unless they come with something branded, most new packages come with cheap pap as do most cheaper wheels on eBay that are used,

As for the for the a3, it depends what model of a3? Earlier ones are 5x100, from about 2005iirc they swapped to 5x112, as for offset I'm not sure but I would suspect they would be ok.

johns_sp

Thanks again for the quick reply! I'll keep looking on ebay to see if I can get a bargain

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hello Johns sp.
I have P'Md you, for I have a set of genuine set of Genuine SEAT 18" Anthracite DV179 Alloy Wheels with tyres you might like!!

johns_sp

Thank you very much for the offer but I'm really after 5 spokes in silver

(I'm a big fan of the A4 RS6 flat five spoke style alloys and thhink they suite the profile of the car perfectly).

Thanks again though, I'm sure someone will definately take them off your hands!

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
I wonder if anybody knows anybody who wants these genuine SEAT alloys & tyres. I have advertised them on Gumtree, not a sniff. Anybody know anyone?? I dont want to scrap them. I am needing to relocate, they need to go!

Julle77

Hi Stupra,

I might be interested about these DV179's if shipping (to Finland) could be negotiated to the final deal? According to your Gumtree ad "buyer collects" only?