What brand of tyre came on yours?

Solo

May 30, 2015
Just wondering if the factory fit the same brand of tyres to everything or if it varies.

Also, having read some posts here about dealers swapping out Cupra mats for lease company mats, I wouldn't put it past them to change the tyres (if they come with premium brand) to cheaper ones.

What tyres came on your new Cupra?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Just wondering if the factory fit the same brand of tyres to everything or if it varies.

Also, having read some posts here about dealers swapping out Cupra mats for lease company mats, I wouldn't put it past them to change the tyres (if they come with premium brand) to cheaper ones.

What tyres came on your new Cupra?
Bridgestone Potenza's S005 and had proper CUPRA mats too.

Copar

Mar 14, 2023
Bridgestones too. The dealers were supposed to forward me mats when they got a delivery but didn’t. Because…. dealers.

Solo

May 30, 2015
Well the car is finally here.

I got Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 tyres and lease company mats. I asked the delivery guy about cupra mats and he was going to feed it back.

A slight aside, I'm a bit concerned that the alloys are pretty much flush with the outer edge of the tyre. High risk of scrapes!

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Bridgestones and cupra branded mats with spare non brands in the boot. Did you get the welcome to the tribe box of carbon fibre tat?

Solo

May 30, 2015
Bridgestones and cupra branded mats with spare non brands in the boot. Did you get the welcome to the tribe box of carbon fibre tat?

I did. But took me a while to work out what it was. I assume it's some sort of wrist band? Also assumed the bit that was missing from the box was a key - the delivery guy must've taken that out as he handed me both of them.

Wtf were they thinking with that welcome box?! Even a cheap keyring would've been more useful

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I did. But took me a while to work out what it was. I assume it's some sort of wrist band? Also assumed the bit that was missing from the box was a key - the delivery guy must've taken that out as he handed me both of them.

Wtf were they thinking with that welcome box?! Even a cheap keyring would've been more useful
They're supposed to put the carbon fibre bit on your key and put the key in the box for some grand unveiling or something! The wrist band barely fits my 12 year old! A keyring would be nice - lease company have given me a rubber loop one - looks like crap against the fancy key!

Solo

May 30, 2015
They're supposed to put the carbon fibre bit on your key and put the key in the box for some grand unveiling or something! The wrist band barely fits my 12 year old! A keyring would be nice - lease company have given me a rubber loop one - looks like crap against the fancy key!
Maybe my observational skills have let me down again but I didn't spot any carbon fibre bit for the key. The keys are shiny black and the box appears empty. Will have to look more closely at the box as I may have missed something!

Reactions: Richiepoos

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Maybe my observational skills have let me down again but I didn't spot any carbon fibre bit for the key. The keys are shiny black and the box appears empty. Will have to look more closely at the box as I may have missed something!
If you take out the cardboard insert in the box there's an extra key shaped hole with a carbon fibre key cover thing it it.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Well the car is finally here.

I got Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 tyres and lease company mats. I asked the delivery guy about cupra mats and he was going to feed it back.

A slight aside, I'm a bit concerned that the alloys are pretty much flush with the outer edge of the tyre. High risk of scrapes!
It's not just the Alloys you should be concerned about, as the tyres themselves and also the tracking gets damaged if you park by braille against the kerb too often. My MIL thinks that is what kerbs are for and is having to get new tyres and wheel trims along with many tracking fixes every MOT time.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
It's not just the Alloys you should be concerned about, as the tyres themselves and also the tracking gets damaged if you park by braille against the kerb too often. My MIL thinks that is what kerbs are for and is having to get new tyres and wheel trims along with many tracking fixes every MOT time.
My tyres get damaged by magic - puncture on Friday on nearside rear, a little self tapping screw cause a slow. Then on Saturday I get an alert that offside front pressure is low - another bloody puncture! Both repaired (glad I don't pay for tyres!)

markh

Cupra Leon ST VZ2 2.0 310 4Drive
Jan 15, 2018
Picked mine up on Saturday (16/12/2023) with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 on and I got Cupra mats.

JM89

Oct 11, 2023
mine had de Bridgestone Potenza shitty Tires, and i talked to the dealer ship and they told me the matts are depending on the model you have not whether it is a lease car or personal car, he said we wont change the matts when they come in our something

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.