What caliper is this?

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Hi,

Ordered a set of ibiza cupra calipers from a breakers, when i spoke to them they said it was the seat sport item from the mk4 cupra however what I have recieved are some 1 pot lucas calipers, just wondering if anyone could pinpoint what car there acctualy from so I have something to tell them when I ring to complain

The caliper looks huge its a 1 pot lucas caliper and the carrier is part of the caliper simulair to tha acctual seat sport ones.

The few details i found on the caliper are:

Lucas, g328, 32327385/4

Thanks in advance for any help.

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
could it be the ones off the tt? cose i ant got a clue? i looked on google for ya and dint find much

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
could it be the ones off the tt? cose i ant got a clue? i looked on google for ya and dint find much

same here ive searched about and found nothing, I always thought the tt calipers used a carrier where as these dont they bolt straight onto the hub and they look massive but ive never seen a tt caliper in the metal so to speak so i cant really say much. Im not really happy eiter way since its the cupra seat sport calipers I was after so Ill contact the breaker tommorow, I payed via credit card anyway so if they wont accept its there mistake I can easily send them back and claim the money back via my bank.

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Pics:

09122009076.jpg

09122009077.jpg

09122009075.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Thats a standard 288mm Lucas caliper. In fact by the green paint under the red i'd say that started out life on a Fabia vRS. Got about four sets in my garage kicking about, not worth much.

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Ok thanks alot been very helpfull :) ill get onto them now.

Edit:
I was just wondring if anyone know what my rights are here they have said theyll give me a refund due to it being wrong but do you think I would be able to claim postage from them because they said they were supplying the cupra parts and have obviously sent the wrong ones which isnt my fault?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.