what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
No problem, that explains why I couldn't find them at that price . Thanks for taking the time to reply though :)
No worries. Just keep an eye out :) I wasn't willing to spend nearly £50 for them and just stumbled across them. Wasn't sure if they'd fit as listing wasn't great but was worth the gamble at the price.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
Finally got around to starting sound proofing my doors in-between the trusty British weather. I have to give every credit to JMAC for the superb walk-through you went to the effort of and using your photos as a guideline made it a damn sight easier!!
I did notice seats duct tape solution to the black panel rattle and also quite a but of moisture in the metal skin behind the speaker which I might have to keep an eye on

Hi winder123
Have you any order and cost links as to were you bought the sound proofing from, very interested in doing the job myself

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Finally got around to starting sound proofing my doors in-between the trusty British weather. I have to give every credit to JMAC for the superb walk-through you went to the effort of and using your photos as a guideline made it a damn sight easier!!
I did notice seats duct tape solution to the black panel rattle and also quite a but of moisture in the metal skin behind the speaker which I might have to keep an eye on

Hi winder123
Have you any order and cost links as to were you bought the sound proofing from, very interested in doing the job myself

I used 3xsilent coat starter kits £20 each and 1 4x15 silent coat absorber sheets £40-45.
Trim removal tools are widely available

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Anyone whose had a go at it got a trick to remove the cover behind the door handles?

Last edited:

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West

Hi winder123
Just follow this link, this is exact stuff I used. I already had a wallpaper roller so I didn't need one

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4557231

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fabiavrs2004

Sep 11, 2015
Bristol
Thought I would wash the car earlier as the sun was out and I've noticed that the height to the top of the wheel arch is different side to side. It's also 20mm higher on the nearside at the front and 15mm higher on the offside at rear. Is this within tolerance, seems a wrong to me.

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
My 1.4 TSI ST FR in Technic Grey met a white 280 ST with the orange pack. Was a promo car for my local Seat dealer. Text on the back with the Nürburgring logo says "Nürburgrings fastest estate".
The white-orange combo looked better, than I would have expected.

y3moKmGuNJP9oY-lusXnwtFRAK8l_VNclptdZ2CLfqIPLpNA2bP9lF0kLCEh371dfygGa-6adl8c0fzqp2IRnw1OSSRieOSBsiiT95651Y9LGG2FIxHig71w3mBPtwCLOtW6UyDo4xElYxdufUntvJBbdP8eLxvCmvGQrd3bzHhVgE

y3mteS2l4ealq209xLNhmPcLs65PjX0d1eEuKO8ybpkAyevEg2qGRDLL86x4rDQ4SVAERwwzpiNpyq4je2RYVjKbLivcCkYXQfqXo2pBtE1eJuUDTS2ZNsEf3duVp9ehssT56lVvzdbICzoBCVOYhUzn6dcDxmsCPcVLrRIwwvNyvo

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Cupra estate is great looking car.
Anyone knows how big is the windshield water tank? I suspect that someone is drinking my water-second refill in two months :)
Anyone fitted hidraulic lift for hood? Like on golf mk4?

VAG Familia
2016 LEON FR 110kW

bleedsoff

Sep 30, 2015
Anyone knows how big is the windshield water tank? I suspect that someone is drinking my water-second refill in two months :)

VAG Familia
2016 LEON FR 110kW

I think its 5ltrs for the washer tank

bretth1974

May 3, 2015

VAG Familia
2016 LEON FR 110kW

Make sure you switch off the auto lights when you clean the windscreen.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Because of headlight cleaning?it uses si much water?!i will try and change intervals

VAG Familia
2016 LEON FR 110kW

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Bought a new driver's side floor mat, finally found a place that does them individually :) - Interior looks refreshed :).

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I drove from Milton Keynes down to Munich, Germany on Friday and then Saturday carried on to our holiday destination Medulin, Croatia. The car done great. Managed to get 630 miles to the first tank Here's a pic at the Austria/Italy Border
5881905654bd5f5d45e47c096d54f8ac.jpg

Last edited:

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Traffic Sign Recognition enabled via VCDS and so far it's worked flawlessly. Even picks up signs that are obscured by overgrown branches and such.

Also changed the blowers/climate control to show fan speed when on Auto setting and set the MMI screen background to carbon to match the FIS display.

Last edited:

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
The car done great. Managed to get 630 miles to the first tank
Amazing on a run aren't they? We got 617 miles out of our first tank on our recent trip to France, but it gets a bit scary when you realise you only had 2.5 litres left in the tank! Got two other tanks over 600 miles on that trip. The good mileage came at 80mph cruise on the motorway, so not shabby at all! Interesting that the your 2.0l is giving similar mpg to my 1.6l....

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
Traffic Sign Recognition enabled via VCDS and so far it's worked flawlessly. Even picks up signs that are obscured by overgrown branches and such.

Also changed the blowers/climate control to show fan speed when on Auto setting and set the MMI screen background to carbon to match the FIS display.
For the traffic sign recognition, did your car come with the front camera / radar in the bumper or does this use another system?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Amazing on a run aren't they? We got 617 miles out of our first tank on our recent trip to France, but it gets a bit scary when you realise you only had 2.5 litres left in the tank! Got two other tanks over 600 miles on that trip. The good mileage came at 80mph cruise on the motorway, so not shabby at all! Interesting that the your 2.0l is giving similar mpg to my 1.6l....

Yeah I was on cruise most of the way but after the first tank and lots of traffic I hammered it down the autobahn just to get to my hotel, still managed to get 600miles out of that tank

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
For the traffic sign recognition, did your car come with the front camera / radar in the bumper or does this use another system?

It uses the forward facing camera, yes. The mid-range radar in the front bumper is for the adaptive cruise control.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.