what did you and your mk3 leon do today

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
What was involved doing that?

Picked up some of these (no the exact ones as cant find the link)
http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/cigar...mounted.html?gclid=CJzfk5veh9MCFdAV0wodmycDNQ

Some of these to get it wired to the fuse box
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Cir...2V-/261563240343?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

Cant find the link to the cable we used but it was a 20a rated cable.

Firstly i removed the glove box to get access to the fuses, removed the kick panel trim (a right pain this as some just wouldnt come off and didnt wanna break it)

I removed the carpet and trim on the side that doesnt have the light in the boot just enough to get my hand in to get the cable ran back. Once it was all in place I cut the holes in the carpet for the sockets and wired them up, there is a small earthing point behind the trim in the boot to earth the sockets

i shouldve gotten pictures while doing it but will get some pics of where the sockets are and the fuses

Last edited:

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Discovered today that my car isn't Nevada White but is in fact Dynamic grey, always thought the colour looked odd.

I do like it though, seems to change into a myriad of colours in different conditions.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Lol are you colour blind? ;) dynamic grey is a pearlescent paint so changes appearance in different light conditions. Did you order white?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
I bought my cupra second hand and it just says grey on the documents, had to search the forum and the colour code to find out it was dynamic grey too haha!

Nice colour looks great in the sun after a wash and polish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Lol are you colour blind? ;) dynamic grey is a pearlescent paint so changes appearance in different light conditions. Did you order white?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am colour blind actually, so thanks for pointing out my shortfalls.

To me it looks kind of white most of the time, I do like the metallic flake in it, and I do notice that it looks so different in different lighting. I just assumed white paint would do something similar and reflect whatever light source is on it.

Is it a popular colour?
I'm yet to see another one ( but as stated I'm pretty colour blind)

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
I am colour blind actually, so thanks for pointing out my shortfalls.

To me it looks kind of white most of the time, I do like the metallic flake in it, and I do notice that it looks so different in different lighting. I just assumed white paint would do something similar and reflect whatever light source is on it.

Is it a popular colour?
I'm yet to see another one ( but as stated I'm pretty colour blind)

Think it was a limited edition colour on 290's , not sure how many they made. Looks great when polished up.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Think it was a limited edition colour on 290's , not sure how many they made. Looks great when polished up.

Good to know, thinking of paying for a new car detail to get it immaculate.

At the moment, I wash it and it's filthy a day later.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
I can't believe seat stopped making dynamic grey. I love it on my 280. About a month after having it a guy crossing the road in front of me actually changed course to ask what colour it was. Always nice to be noticed. I am a bit concerned now however about when the time comes to get my side skirts in the correct colour. In recent news took the car out over Glenshee last weekend and got humiliated by a couple of two wheel pocket rockets.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
I can't believe seat stopped making dynamic grey. I love it on my 280. About a month after having it a guy crossing the road in front of me actually changed course to ask what colour it was. Always nice to be noticed. I am a bit concerned now however about when the time comes to get my side skirts in the correct colour. In recent news took the car out over Glenshee last weekend and got humiliated by a couple of two wheel pocket rockets.

great roads up there, though bikes will always win on those roads

I went to overtake a Civic the other day going slow, soon as i got next to him he goes for it, im thinking my Leon (1.6tdi 105bhp) should get beat no problem think the civic got a fright as well when it got grip and shot off, in a longer stretch it wouldve beat me as it was catching but ah well ha

cant wait to get it mapped or tuning box

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
great roads up there, though bikes will always win on those roads

I went to overtake a Civic the other day going slow, soon as i got next to him he goes for it, im thinking my Leon (1.6tdi 105bhp) should get beat no problem think the civic got a fright as well when it got grip and shot off, in a longer stretch it wouldve beat me as it was catching but ah well ha

cant wait to get it mapped or tuning box
Ltd

Yeah I grossly underestimated the speed of super bikes up until that point. I done the responsible thing there after and just got out the way. Gave an A3 the run around though so made up for it.

Happymac16

Mar 28, 2017
Portskerra, Highlands
After hunting around i managed to find my VCDS cable that i had for my old old Leon.

It has number 11.11 on the front and i wanted to know if that would work with my 63 plate Mk3 FR?

Also i don't seem to have the cd that it came with anymore either. Does anyone have the software available that i could be sent?

Thanks

Happymac16

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
My "quick wash" became 3+h wash of my tech grey baby.
Washed it,clay quickly,dry,apply some quick detailer. Vacuume interior,wipe all plastics.
Booked for a weekend at detailer for full interior and exterior cleaning before wsee.

VAG Familia

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
My "quick wash" became 3+h wash of my tech grey baby.
Washed it,clay quickly,dry,apply some quick detailer. Vacuume interior,wipe all plastics.
Booked for a weekend at detailer for full interior and exterior cleaning before wsee.

VAG Familia
It always gets you...Just a bit more...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members