what did you and your mk3 leon do today

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Decided to wrap the badges front and rear, and the Cupra lettering in the boot with 4D carbon wrap. Looks great in the sunshine. Had some left over so solved my stained wheelnut cover dilemma and capped them with the same. Too much spare time on my hands some might suggest.......
bbc0f72ba10114bfda1397299427fe1d.jpg
b879b6a9b831f9e5a6ecf570a46afcb1.jpg
417bad4787665664540f1bb121430357.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to live somewhere with some deserted roads. Looks nice up there.. Come to think of it, my company has a big office up at Rainton.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Just waiting to get it back from a service, Arnold Clark are "Pricing" things up which translated means they have found small things they can charge an arm and a leg for that i can do myself for about 5% of the price they quote.

only reason its in there is its got a 2 year service free with the car, would never have used them otherwise

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Arghh, never ever take the service and mot deal from them. That my friend is how they make their fortune, sell you a cheap car then rip you off big time when it comes to service and mot time, I know this from bitter bitter experience.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Arghh, never ever take the service and mot deal from them. That my friend is how they make their fortune, sell you a cheap car then rip you off big time when it comes to service and mot time, I know this from bitter bitter experience.

I didnt pay for it they gave me it for free at the time, ive had 2 cars now from them and the first car they tried to sell me it and got told where to go. This time it was thrown in after i complained about something when i was getting my Leon.

Things they flagged..
1. Tires - still 2.2mm i think they said on the front and 3ish on the back
2. Front brake pads
now these first 2 i expect as its a common one they try and some folk fall for it but

3. ALL i repeat ALL shocks are leaking

They asked can we price this up for you, eh no i have an extended 2 year warranty you can fix it for free, now just waiting on the parts getting ordered and car booked in to "fix" this (they have probably exaggerated it)

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Yes mine was " free" as well then they tried to sting me for 450 quid at its first mot for repairs that definatly did not need doing at 11k miles arghh, will have to sit down as the BP is rising dramatically lol. They dropped the price considerably when I said I would be right down to see them, and took the car elsewhere from there on. Sailed through that and the next 3 mot's no problem.
Never crossed their thresh hold again and never will.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Left the house this morning and there was a Dynamic Grey ST 280 with panoramic roof parked 3 down from mine. Had mine for two months and I've only seen maybe 2 Cupra's both, 3 doors. And then to see the exact same car as mine (except it had the sub 8 pack and mine's a 290) parked on the same street blew my mind. I was freaking out about numberplate theft and stuff.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Left the house this morning and there was a Dynamic Grey ST 280 with panoramic roof parked 3 down from mine. Had mine for two months and I've only seen maybe 2 Cupra's both, 3 doors. And then to see the exact same car as mine (except it had the sub 8 pack and mine's a 290) parked on the same street blew my mind. I was freaking out about numberplate theft and stuff.

Do it to him before he does it to you! ;-)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
This morning i manage to get android auto to work(because this is not supported in our country,apk download with pc and tunnel bear on phone was must to do). Its kind of useless feature so far. A2p and calls works via bluetooth, navi is build in HU.
Only u can surf online with android auto.
Full link work sometimes,sometimes doesnt.say that cant connect,that phone is locked..wtf :)
35e534c5ea4e4e009db3e646d1ab6b9e.jpg

VAG Familia

Last edited:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
This morning i manage to get android auto to work(because this is not supported in our country,apk download with pc and tunnel bear on phone was must to do). Its kind of useless feature so far. A2p and calls works via bluetooth, navi is build in HU.
Only u can surf online with android auto.
Full link work sometimes,sometimes doesnt.say that cant connect,that phone is locked..wtf :)
35e534c5ea4e4e009db3e646d1ab6b9e.jpg

VAG Familia
Haha sreda :) where do you come from ?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
I've fitted a few quick additions in a crazy quick amount of time... uprated boot struts to auto open, angled up the led headlights just a tad, led rear indicators, car shade rear shades, SEAT key cover and chrome key fob mod. Just a few little bits to make the car feel more like 'mine'

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've fitted a few quick additions in a crazy quick amount of time... uprated boot struts to auto open, angled up the led headlights just a tad, led rear indicators, car shade rear shades, SEAT key cover and chrome key fob mod. Just a few little bits to make the car feel more like 'mine'
Sounds good! Could you post a link for the boot struts?

Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
Sounds good! Could you post a link for the boot struts?

Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi Peller, I can't post URL's yet but they are £25.80 free postage from ebay from atp-spareparts in Germany. If you search: 'Stabilus Octavia 96-10' they come up. They are part number 017468.

I just got the details off the forum.

As people have said, they require more force to shut. I kind of like the fact you could pull the boot halfway and it would shut itself. But I prefer the auto open for 'full hand' moments... I now have a clean hand print on my white boot lid where I have to push it down to close. I won't go back though

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise