what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
This evening we had a nice little treat coming onto the motorway on the way home. in fact a few residential roads earlier than that. I was sitting waiting to pull out at a junction and who should pass me by but a fellow Cupra owner. Not any Cupra I hasten to add but a Cupra I mentioned in a previous post relating to his Apr decals. I got in behind him and we proceeded to drive like very civilized individuals. Of course once onto the motorway this safe and responsible driving... continued and we both pushed our cars as hard as they might go while remaining under 70 cough cough.

A caveat I must add to this whole endeavor is one which will only resonate in the mid west Scotland region. Anyone blessed to live in such a fine part of this fine country will surely be aware that on a Saturday evening between the hours of six and ten there is only one radio station worth listening to and that is clyde 1. This as you may or may not know is for the sole reason of the GBX. So just imagine you've came onto a clear motorway with a direct recreation of your motor purchasing decisions giving it the beans in front of you, whilst the west of Scotland's finest purveyor of all things EDM is hitting his stride on the airwaves and the last of the sun is giving a golden glow to an overcast day. Now tell me that isn't what driving a hot hatch is all about. And just as he was coming off at his junction the gods aligned us just long enough to give the illusory doth of the cap that was lacking in our last encounter. By this I mean we gave each other the barest of hand gestures that passes for acknowledgement among men when first name terms have not been established.

It also appeared that he has swapped out his Cupra flag on the rear end for a small red emblem. Presumably this is also an APR thing. I also must add that of course I can't be certain this was the same car I saw few weeks back but as that was the first I had seen in three years of ownership and tonight was the second I assume it was the same guy.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Made a few VCDS tweaks:
1- Adjusted Microphone sensitivity: done this whilst I was on the phone with someone to see if they noticed a difference. Notably, people only started saying they struggled hearing me when I changed from a Samsung phone to an iPhone...but not sure why that would make a difference. Increased it to the max 11db and apparently I was much louder and clearer.
2 - Changed the air con to blow cooler: set it to hot country. Probably shouldn't have tested it whilst wearing shorts and tshirt, 8 degrees outside and I was soaked from the downpour. It certainly felt colder!
3 - Climate control Auto speed display
4 - Automatic Windscreen defrost when starting the car if outside temp is at warning level
5 - One touch folding mirrors when locking car and unlocking car
6 - Auto closing windows when rain is detected
7 - Adjusted intensity of reverse light
8 - Adjusted intensity of rear fog light
9 - Adjusted intensity of DRL LED lights
10 - Activated rear lights as DRLs
11 - Adjusted sensitivity of the light sensor: A leaf blowing past my car could turn the lights on! Decreased the sensitivity.
12 - Changed XDS Diff Lock to strong
13 - Turned off the engine noise actuator
14 - Changed driving profile to Direct rather than gradual: wanted to see if there was a difference in throttle response.
15 - Enabled the alarm chirp when locking and unlocking the car.

Anyone know if it's possible to stop the front DRLs from dimming when the indicator is on? Tried a few things but can't seem to get the right setup.

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

Last edited:

richardpwadams

May 7, 2017
Made a few VCDS tweaks:
1- Adjusted Microphone sensitivity: done this whilst I was on the phone with someone to see if they noticed a difference. Notably, people only started saying they struggled hearing me when I changed from a Samsung phone to an iPhone...but not sure why that would make a difference. Increased it to the max 11db and apparently I was much louder and clearer.
2 - Changed the air con to blow cooler: set it to hot country. Probably shouldn't have tested it whilst wearing shorts and tshirt, 8 degrees outside and I was soaked from the downpour. It certainly felt colder!
3 - Climate control Auto speed display
4 - Automatic Windscreen defrost when starting the car if outside temp is at warning level
5 - One touch folding mirrors when locking car and unlocking car
6 - Auto closing windows when rain is detected
7 - Adjusted intensity of reverse light
8 - Adjusted intensity of rear fog light
9 - Adjusted intensity of DRL LED lights
10 - Activated rear lights as DRLs
11 - Adjusted sensitivity of the light sensor: A leaf blowing past my car could turn the lights on! Decreased the sensitivity.
12 - Changed XDS Diff Lock to strong
13 - Turned off the engine noise actuator
14 - Changed driving profile to Direct rather than gradual: wanted to see if there was a difference in throttle response.
15 - Enabled the alarm chirp when locking and unlocking the car.

Anyone know if it's possible to stop the front DRLs from dimming when the indicator is on? Tried a few things but can't seem to get the right setup.

Racingline R600 intake

I have never known so much tweaking available to an owner. Incredible! How easy is it and where do you get the kit from? I have an iPhone if thare is an app available? Do I need anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I have never known so much tweaking available to an owner. Incredible! How easy is it and where do you get the kit from? I have an iPhone if thare is an app available? Do I need anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I borrowed a cable from a friend and the VCDS software was free.

I used this link: http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations

Read through the possibilities for most of what is changed. Found a few elsewhere on the Internet forums and had to improvise for some of the settings as they weren't as straight forward as the guide stated, or my car settings were slightly different.

Obviously I took a backup before any changes and if there was anything I didn't properly understand, I left it well alone.

Was fairly straightforward for the changes - used google translate for a few things just to make sure I was changing the right things.

Racingline R600 intake

Last edited:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Been reading some promising write ups In Autocar etc and all over the web about the forthcoming Hyundai i30N as a different alternative to the usual suspects (ST/GTI/Cupra etc).While filling up the Leon this morning popped into the local Hyundai dealer next door to check out the seating position, general quality etc of the standard i30 to see if the N might be worth considering when I change.

When I mentioned possible interest to the sales guy he'd never heard of it and asked me what it was "is it a hybrid"?!!

Reckon they'll need to do something about product knowledge to sell that type of car - but I suppose that applies to a lot of dealerships:lol:

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
My May 2014 Leon passed its first MOT last night with just an advisory on some "Oil Misting on suspension" which the mechanic fella said he thought might actually be normal on Leons?

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
I removed the rear outer light cluster to see if a bit of clear silicone could stop the small puddle forming inside it.

Proceeded to add a small crack in the top left corner while trying to get those bl00dy ball in socket things out !!

Silicone applied, but no surprise to see the problem still there, LOL

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I've just ordered the Racingline Turbo muffler delete and R600 Hi-Flow Turbo Inlet EA888 Gen3 from AwesomeGTI.

Once I sell my DJ equipment I'l get the silicone inlet hose and the R600 Air intake.
Be nice to hear some joy from the car.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
This morning dropped my car to a friend for complete inside and outside detailing. Car will be prepared for tomorrow worthersee trip.

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

batmanvip123

Oct 11, 2016
This morning dropped my car to a friend for complete inside and outside detailing. Car will be prepared for tomorrow worthersee trip.

jaz grem tudi jutri tja gor pogledat. Sm bil dva tedna nazaj pa je blo TOP :)

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
jaz grem tudi jutri tja gor pogledat. Sm bil dva tedna nazaj pa je blo TOP :)
Ja,mi smo tud planirali prejsnji vikend,pa je slo u maloro...

Pocukaj me za rokav/avto ce me kje vidis

Will take a look tomorrow after your car

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Ja,mi smo tud planirali prejsnji vikend,pa je slo u maloro...

Pocukaj me za rokav/avto ce me kje vidis

Will take a look tomorrow after your car

That's easy for you to say.... :D

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
There wont be manny tech grey fr with our licence plates.
Odkod pa startas?

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
@batmanvip123 if u like corners,go home trough Jezersko. I just love corners in AUT side and long curvy road our side.

See u there

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
After much swearing and a trip to screwfix for some better allen keys (1/2" drive yo) I fitted my turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet pipe. The turbo inlet pipe was easy except I broke the PCV clip (still seals well). The turbo muffler was a very snug fit and trying to reseat the bottom bolt was a frigging nightmare...

But now I can hear the turbo doing stuff and I'm all ready for when I order m new intake next month hopefully.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.