what did you and your mk3 leon do today

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
After much swearing and a trip to screwfix for some better allen keys (1/2" drive yo) I fitted my turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet pipe. The turbo inlet pipe was easy except I broke the PCV clip (still seals well). The turbo muffler was a very snug fit and trying to reseat the bottom bolt was a frigging nightmare...

But now I can hear the turbo doing stuff and I'm all ready for when I order m new intake next month hopefully.

I snapped one too! Got on the blower to Racingline and they sent me two new ones. This weekends job!

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I snapped one too! Got on the blower to Racingline and they sent me two new ones. This weekends job!

Racingline R600 intake

do they have a part number at all? It doesn't overly bother me but I should really fix it.
The youtube video made me break it.. Force it towards the passenger side and pull up.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
do they have a part number at all? It doesn't overly bother me but I should really fix it.

The youtube video made me break it.. Force it towards the passenger side and pull up.

I didn't get a part number sorry - I just said it was one of the two seals on the turbo elbow that snapped and they made up two more and sent them out to me.

IF I manage to put one on without any form of fail, happy to send on the other I have :)

Racingline R600 intake

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I didn't get a part number sorry - I just said it was one of the two seals on the turbo elbow that snapped and they made up two more and sent them out to me.

IF I manage to put one on without any form of fail, happy to send on the other I have :)

Racingline R600 intake

I appreciate it, thanks.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
After much swearing and a trip to screwfix for some better allen keys (1/2" drive yo) I fitted my turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet pipe. The turbo inlet pipe was easy except I broke the PCV clip (still seals well). The turbo muffler was a very snug fit and trying to reseat the bottom bolt was a frigging nightmare...

But now I can hear the turbo doing stuff and I'm all ready for when I order m new intake next month hopefully.
Do you have a link to these products? Would also like to hear a little more out of my turbo. Today I changed the wrap on my seat badges and stuck on the black cupra lettering that's been in a cupboard for weeks.
21b0c64df798277254e4493217c73628.jpg
da364d8bdec909bf5a18b1a26c83ade9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Do you have a link to these products? Would also like to hear a little more out of my turbo. Today I changed the wrap on my seat badges and stuck on the black cupra lettering that's been in a cupboard for weeks.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...-performance-turbo-muffler-delete-ea888-gen3/

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...ne-performance-r600-hi-flow-turbo-ea888-gen3/

My advice is have a socket set of allen keys with plenty of extensions, and have a 5mm socket as using a flat head screw driver and an adjustable spanner was just agony. Frustrating as I have a decent socket set but the smallest was an 8mm. Oh and you'll need a Torx T30 driver too.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...-performance-turbo-muffler-delete-ea888-gen3/

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...ne-performance-r600-hi-flow-turbo-ea888-gen3/

My advice is have a socket set of allen keys with plenty of extensions, and have a 5mm socket as using a flat head screw driver and an adjustable spanner was just agony. Frustrating as I have a decent socket set but the smallest was an 8mm. Oh and you'll need a Torx T30 driver too.
Does it come with any kind of how to guide?

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Does it come with any kind of how to guide?

The contents of the Box;
i) The item you ordered
That is all.

I watched a couple of youtube videos and read a couple of how to's, it's in a ***** of a spot but the work itself it pretty easy. The kind of job I look forward to doing and then being reminded that being a mechanic would be bloody awful.

Now if I plant the foot a little and ease off you hear the turbo dumping boost and I'm not sure if it's a placebo but I swear it feels a little quicker to spool up. Looking at the factory turbo inlet I can see how the air would have a less smooth journey than with the aftermarket part. And the design of the factory turbo muffler seems so disruptive compared to the factory one which has a smooth cone that funnels down into the exhaust.

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester

Them badges look so nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Notice any difference in power or torque or is it just sound improvement?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

To me, it feels a little punchier, going for a longer drive tomorrow so I'll compile my findings after then.

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
To me, it feels a little punchier, going for a longer drive tomorrow so I'll compile my findings after then.

I fitted this yesterday it is tricky to do. I don't hear any sound over my exhaust but its way more eager to go low down than before not a bad upgrade for the cash I think. make sure you keep the rubber oring in place when putting back together I used silicone paste to keep it in.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Just came home from WSEE tour. This year was more Seat cars than last year. A lot of 5f leons fr and cupras. Got a few ideas for modding

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I fitted this yesterday it is tricky to do. I don't hear any sound over my exhaust but its way more eager to go low down than before not a bad upgrade for the cash I think. make sure you keep the rubber oring in place when putting back together I used silicone paste to keep it in.

I had a hard time getting the oring to stay back in. Also the muffler delete felt a lot tighter to fit in where the factory one went. Noticed the oring moved around a little bit but the thing has been tightened down nicely.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Looking good but would you mind posting one with a better resolution? :)

Edit
Ignore previous post, taptalk made it small but its fine through the browser
Very nice ;)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members