what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Just wanted to say a quick thank you for all of the kind posts. As a number of you have said, it’s gutting but at the end of the day I’ve still got all my arms and legs left, and the car will (hopefully) be repaired. The only thing I’m not looking forward to now is the £850 excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just wanted to say a quick thank you for all of the kind posts. As a number of you have said, it’s gutting but at the end of the day I’ve still got all my arms and legs left, and the car will (hopefully) be repaired. The only thing I’m not looking forward to now is the £850 excess

Crowd funding? If every member of SCN donated 50p, you'd have a new car :D

Reactions: Tully1980

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Let’s just say that this morning was eventful...

1f644d68397e0f1418589eba14508cee.jpg

cdd158f95819e59428bac485838e27f9.jpg

Damn man, I feel for you :( :( At least your ok.

Pretty impressed how much the wheels have buckled! Whos your insurance? Heed my advice go through SEAT Ensurance and no one else.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Tully, I almost cried on your behalf when I saw this!!! Glad you're ok. As upsetting as it is, it's just metal and can be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Today my car went back to standard :( Well back to standard exhaust and no splitter :(

@Jamp94’s sounded nice with it on though...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Don't know how I missed your post @Tully1980
Always painful to see - especially having experienced it myself.

Glad you're ok.

Sounds like you're dealing with it quite well.

Hopefully going through your insurance is straight forward.

On a plus note ive got to say these SEATs are solid cars.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Let’s just say that this morning was eventful...

1f644d68397e0f1418589eba14508cee.jpg

cdd158f95819e59428bac485838e27f9.jpg

Thanks for all of the messages so far. The car hasn’t been assessed yet so I don’t know whether it’s repairable or not.

On another note, does anyone know whether the 2018MY Cupra has side airbags, and would you have expected them to have deployed, looking at the photos?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Thanks for all of the messages so far. The car hasn’t been assessed yet so I don’t know whether it’s repairable or not.

On another note, does anyone know whether the 2018MY Cupra has side airbags, and would you have expected them to have deployed, looking at the photos?

What did you hit and at what speed
Sorry for your pain BTW

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
What did you hit and at what speed
Sorry for your pain BTW

Kerb (front wheel damage), lamp post (side panels and rear wheel damage) then grass verge. Not sure of the speed but I’m not a big fan of roundabouts being as I got wiped out on one just over a year ago, so I tend to treat them with caution..!!

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Kerb (front wheel damage), lamp post (side panels and rear wheel damage) then grass verge. Not sure of the speed but I’m not a big fan of roundabouts being as I got wiped out on one just over a year ago, so I tend to treat them with caution..!!

Maybe not enough "impact" to trigger the airbags? (It probably didn't feel that way to you though)

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Maybe not enough "impact" to trigger the airbags? (It probably didn't feel that way to you though)

To be honest I can’t remember the crash at all. One minute I was exiting the roundabout, and the next I was sat on the verge, facing the other way with someone running over to me..!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

From the Seat Website:

"In addition to front airbags for the driver and front passenger which absorb the impact of the head and torso in a head-on collision, the outer seats have side airbags that also serve to protect the head and torso in a lateral collision. In the event of a lateral collision, head airbags expand over almost the entire area of the side windows, thus systematically protecting the heads of occupants from injury"
image_8909.resizeViewPort.noScale.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members