what did you and your mk3 leon do today

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
I have not had this personally but check with your insurance company.
Last time I saw this the windscreen replacement is covered and does not impact your NCB.
However re calibrating the sensors (IF ITS NEEDED) in your windscreen is not covered and does impact your NCB.

Yep would just be an excess to pay and I’d keep my no claims, but I’d still have to declare it as a claim for the next 5 years.

L333dgy

Nov 3, 2018
New member.....Today I fit a gloss black cupra surround to my fr. Much better!

view

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Went through posts, spoke with a few people, listen to what was said, and went with the Revo Dogmount. It seemed the logical choice. VWR maybe a tad harsh. Revo sounds like a good compromise, as per Oldboy - thanks for your wisdom.

And I know what you mean by forming out for MPS4s tyres. Kinda break the bank a little.

Reactions: paddy6789

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
Went through posts, spoke with a few people, listen to what was said, and went with the Revo Dogmount. It seemed the logical choice. VWR maybe a tad harsh. Revo sounds like a good compromise, as per Oldboy - thanks for your wisdom.

And I know what you mean by forming out for MPS4s tyres. Kinda break the bank a little.

It does appear a lot, but I think I paid less for them than my old pilot super sports which I fitted to the front back in early 2017 (£150 each from black circles which seemed to be about as cheap as I could find them for). I’m reasonably pleased with how long they lasted me (between 15 and 18 thousand miles) and the Bridgestone have been on the back since the car was new over 3 years ago now. Both are down to just over 3mm tread, and I think the potenzas have all but turned to rock, seeing as the back end will swing round with minimal provocation, especially since the temperatures have gone south of 5 or so degrees.

Like I’m sure a lot of people here have, ive done quite a bit of research on the current crop of tyres from the premium manufacturers, and am actually quite excited to see how the latest tyres from Michelin stack up against the supersports (seeing as though they are essentially the replacements). Back when I switched over the fronts I was impressed by the massive amount of additional grip I got (when compared to some worn out re050a’s), and better feel but the increased nvh was quite apparent. I hear the mps4s are noticeable better than the supersports in that regard. We’ll see.

Given we are now entering the colder months, and I am fitting a new pair of summer tyres I’m not, however, expecting anything miraculous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I am off on a racetrack day on monday with PS4S, I have done one in the summer so will be able to judge how much better they are in the colder days. I dont expect them to be glue but I do hope for good grip will report back after the day.

Reactions: paddy6789

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire

Is the revo one just an insert or a complete mount ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Updated the Sat Nav to most up to date maps (thanks @paddy6789) after adding speed cameras earlier in the week (thanks @Maypack).

Put my short lightning cable in for using my brodit mount only to find my 25cm cable was only actually 21cm so to short :(

Finally, likely got a Bus Lane Fine in Liverpool due to a Dale Street being full of riot vans and police officers. However I’ll happily pay the £30 knowing these low lifes got moved on...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...ar-right-thugs-were-15367738#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Last edited:

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Updated the Sat Nav to most up to date maps (thanks @paddy6789) after adding speed cameras earlier in the week (thanks @Maypack).

Put my short lightning cable in for using my brodit mount only to find my 25cm cable was only actually 21cm so to short :(

Finally, likely got a Bus Lane Fine in Liverpool due to a Dale Street being full of riot vans and police officers. However I’ll happily pay the £30 knowing these low lifes got moved on...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...ar-right-thugs-were-15367738#ICID=FB-Liv-main
Just rebuke it blaming Liverpool Cops restrictions

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members