what did you and your mk3 leon do today

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Installed the Golf R Variant stock exhaust to my ST, sound so good compared to OEM one (exhaust side-by-side looks the same), DSG farts are really noticeable and loud. Managed to install the tail pipes also (although the MK7 Golf ones are bolted to the bumper), welded straight to exhaust. Had to cut the rear diffusor to fit aswell.

Attachments

• rsz_rdcw85cuqiajzh6x2iqgfa.jpg
    rsz_rdcw85cuqiajzh6x2iqgfa.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 178
  • rsz_fullsizeoutput_915.jpg
    rsz_fullsizeoutput_915.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 170

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Installed the Golf R Variant stock exhaust to my ST, sound so good compared to OEM one (exhaust side-by-side looks the same), DSG farts are really noticeable and loud. Managed to install the tail pipes also (although the MK7 Golf ones are bolted to the bumper), welded straight to exhaust. Had to cut the rear diffusor to fit aswell.

This is something I'd be very interested in doing, although I was thinking that I'd remove the resonator and then add just the R variant rear silencers. No idea if this is possible, but aren't the carbon rear boxes the same as the R but with black tips? Can you please share some more pictures of the cut diffuser and underside of the car with?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I've been at VAG Manchester and Progressive Parts all day today to get a clutch upgrade for my car :)

First impressions are that it makes a huge difference. Yeah it's quite a difference in stiffness at first, but I got used to it quickly and it's easing up a lot.

Can't thank the guys at Progressive Parts and VAG Manchester enough. Great bunch of guys, fantastic service.
8d2b17f172dd454f3d75b797a75e9785.jpg
1a5cebb2bd7e21bda9daa6c29a81fcfe.jpg

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
This is something I'd be very interested in doing, although I was thinking that I'd remove the resonator and then add just the R variant rear silencers. No idea if this is possible, but aren't the carbon rear boxes the same as the R but with black tips? Can you please share some more pictures of the cut diffuser and underside of the car with?

MK7.5 (Facelifted car) has the same boxes as Carbon Edition, with the real tips (chrome ones) welded on the back box, and two separate pipes coming out of the box.
In my case, i used the MK7 one, looks like ours but sounds so much better. Both of the Golf exhaust are quite hard to find in second hand i have to admit, but it is so much worth the chase. Ive heard that the facelift one is sounding even better, and the install would be much easier also, only have to cut the diffusor.

Attachments

• C2B56A62-4ECC-4BE1-A74B-B6E172BF2F39.jpeg
    C2B56A62-4ECC-4BE1-A74B-B6E172BF2F39.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 161

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
I've been at VAG Manchester and Progressive Parts all day today to get a clutch upgrade for my car :)

First impressions are that it makes a huge difference. Yeah it's quite a difference in stiffness at first, but I got used to it quickly and it's easing up a lot.

Can't thank the guys at Progressive Parts and VAG Manchester enough. Great bunch of guys, fantastic service.
8d2b17f172dd454f3d75b797a75e9785.jpg
1a5cebb2bd7e21bda9daa6c29a81fcfe.jpg

So want your car paddy love it ♥️ Much did it set you back for the clutch?

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
So want your car paddy love it Much did it set you back for the clutch?
They've got a great deal on it at the moment - I think the clutch starts at £599 on their website (depending on any options you select), and if you bought it through them and have them fit it, it's £899 all in.

Reactions: gb

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
MK7.5 (Facelifted car) has the same boxes as Carbon Edition, with the real tips (chrome ones) welded on the back box, and two separate pipes coming out of the box.
In my case, i used the MK7 one, looks like ours but sounds so much better. Both of the Golf exhaust are quite hard to find in second hand i have to admit, but it is so much worth the chase. Ive heard that the facelift one is sounding even better, and the install would be much easier also, only have to cut the diffusor.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there is an aftermarket diffuser that would fit the twin pipe back box. The carbon one would, but is silly money to purchase. What is your plan for the diffuser, simply cutting the opening wider or a more finessed solution? Look forward to seeing the finished install, and a video of the exhaust sound would be great.

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Think I've sorted a rattle out now that I've put up with for around 2 months (since buying my car), coming from the rear drivers side interior of the car. Think it was the rear bench seat catch on the drivers side that was intermittently creaking whilst driving. Sprayed the catch with wd40, greased the striker part. All seems sorted now. Only rattle I have, unusual coming from a previous Vauxhall owner.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there is an aftermarket diffuser that would fit the twin pipe back box. The carbon one would, but is silly money to purchase. What is your plan for the diffuser, simply cutting the opening wider or a more finessed solution? Look forward to seeing the finished install, and a video of the exhaust sound would be great.

Ive made the holes wider to fit the twin-pipes, nothing to see when the car is back on the ground, looks decent. As for the aftermarket one, none of them has the holes any bigger than oem one.
If you share some contact via private message, i can send a video how it sound, dont want to post it here.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Got in from work at 05:50am after passing 2 White CUPRA 290’s, a Metallic Grey CUPRA 290 and a Mystery Blue CUPRA 290 on the way home and then washed all the Seagull Crap off my car!!!

No way could I go to bed knowing it was covered in Seagull Crap. You would think the Seagulls had used my car for target practice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
Anyone else got the optional roof exhaust pack?

8e0af17b763b1c060ef4ca88346e5183.jpg

Just picked up this beauty from tup north for cheap. Can’t wait to see how much different the golf r estate 7.5 exhaust is. Been planning this a while however @S4BiT beat me to it!

I'm curious if the golf mk7.5 rear diffuser is the same fitment as ours? (Bar the exhaust cutouts) might mean not having to cut the seat one

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Anyone else got the optional roof exhaust pack?

8e0af17b763b1c060ef4ca88346e5183.jpg

Just picked up this beauty from tup north for cheap. Can’t wait to see how much different the golf r estate 7.5 exhaust is. Been planning this a while however @S4BiT beat me to it!

I'd be interested in how the exhaust sounds compared to the R. What do you plan for the diffuser?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members