what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Spent some time fitting my Bonnet Gas Struts and VAG Panel Filter and then decided to give her a wash.

Quick run over with Sonus Spritz in preparation for a good Wax and Polish later.

ee5f6c5b5b9149f767c3af9a01887816.png

ebaeb750a88f5ab02a3e34743bb3ddb4.png

67c1f33b0754d6dd00afea5c39166397.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Doubt you can hear much of a difference just switching panel filter. Maybe if you also remove the snow grate below the filter there's a little difference but it won't be much.

Definite difference with larger turbo inlet, hose and cone filter though.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
That’s my wife’s Leon FR Black. It comes with the 18” performance wheels but they are Matt Black as opposed to standard silver.
ba9dbde6e1981b1c460b65f3a6b18089.jpg

Have you ever picked up the wrong key or entered the wrong car and only reliased once you fall into the front seat and realised, that's not my seat position?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Have you ever picked up the wrong key or entered the wrong car and only reliased once you fall into the front seat and realised, that's not my seat position?

Never happens. As you can see my wife always parks on the left of the drive and I always park on the right. My key has a nice Red Leather Seat Keyring attached to it, whereas MrsMaypack has lots of girly jangly things hanging off hers.

Plus mine has Leather Seats, sounds way nicer but hasn’t got the Digital Dash, so I’d notice as soon as I opened the doors

Last edited:
Reactions: rob280

Oliver Stapleton

Oct 19, 2019
Worksop
1x.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4x.jpg

Added a few little touches today, What do you guys think?
I love the ones on the backs of the bucket seats...

Also added a REVO intercooler, Muffler delete and some Mishi-Moto boost pipes last week. Cut my hands to bits!

Very disappointed that my brand new (Sealed) REVO intercooler did not come with all the mounting hardware that I needed, I had to wait a week with my car in bits for the clips to arrive. The parts checklist in the box was signed for QC and all the components were ticked. Food for thought if you were thinking about buying from them, although I assume (and hope) its just a one-off.

It was my first time doing such a big job on any of my cars and I'm happy with how it went and I got it all back together with no bolts/screws left over!

Got everything ready for stage 2 bar a clutch which I will be getting done (By a professional) once the lockdown is over and a custom map!

Thanks to @paddy6789 for the inspiration on the engine cover and the front splitter decal.

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
View attachment 14401 View attachment 14397 View attachment 14398 View attachment 14400 View attachment 14402

Also added a REVO intercooler, Muffler delete and some Mishi-Moto boost pipes last week. Cut my hands to bits!

Very disappointed that my brand new (Sealed) REVO intercooler did not come with all the mounting hardware that I needed, I had to wait a week with my car in bits for the clips to arrive. The parts checklist in the box was signed for QC and all the components were ticked. Food for thought if you were thinking about buying from them, although I assume (and hope) its just a one-off.

It was my first time doing such a big job on any of my cars and I'm happy with how it went and I got it all back together with no bolts/screws left over!

Got everything ready for stage 2 bar a clutch which I will be getting done (By a professional) once the lockdown is over and a custom map!

Thanks to @paddy6789 for the inspiration on the engine cover and the front splitter decal.

Looks good! Did you have to do any cutting for the intercooler? Or was it a straight fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chouffe

Apr 16, 2020
View attachment 14401 View attachment 14397 View attachment 14398 View attachment 14400 View attachment 14402

Very nice ! Eaziwraps right ? You placed the bumper inlays yourself ? Easy or not ?

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
After having them sitting in a box for nearly a year, finally fitted my Cupra R intakes. Was quite a faff and I had to do a lot of trimming and filing on the bottom edge due to clashing with the SEAT aero splitter. Thanks to @Damo H for lots of photos ad comments on how his clipped in so I could get them right. Also attached a before picture.

Attachments

• 20200418_175651.jpg
    20200418_175651.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20190602_162344.jpg
    20190602_162344.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 150
  • 20200418_175658.jpg
    20200418_175658.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 149

Oliver Stapleton

Oct 19, 2019
Worksop
Looks good! Did you have to do any cutting for the intercooler? Or was it a straight fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, The intercooler just bolted straight in (After the clips had arrived). The top left clip wasn't sitting quite right but I decided that it was supporting enough and my radiator must have had a slight warping on the plastic clips from the factory.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Car has been given several coats of polish now been waxed all over, apply to a couple of panels, leave and have coffee read book, remove wax, cover other panels and repeat, took a while but hey, nowt much else to do.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Finally soundproofed the doors on the leon.

Got rid of the rattles on the passenger door(spotted some shoddy work from the dealer that caused this), the sound system sounds better and the door have a much more premium feeling when shutting them.

Not too bad of a job thanks to all the threads on this forum ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.