what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Converted my car to dark mode in the back. The logos were waiting to be installed for a long time.
I think it would look better on a white or red car, but it's still MUCH better than having chrome while my car was sold as "Ultimate Edition Black".

1693575748789.jpeg

1693576088734.jpeg

And I got this tiny FR logo on Aliexpress to replace the one on the steering wheel:

1693575885800.jpeg

Next up: install CSR Racing rear spoiler in gloss black, mudflaps and sideskirts.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Those emblems look ace! Do you have a pic of the front emblem? Does it definitely fit the OEM mount/space on the FR grille? My issue has been I've ordered a few now from Ali and eBay that claimed to fit but have all been too big!

Definitely ordering a steering wheel badge, as mine didn't have one when I bought it - just an empty FR shaped void. Guessing the original owner peeled it off for some reason...

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Quick and easy visual mods today!

Replaced the front and rear Seat badges with gloss black ones from custommyride (old silver S parts removed with a razor blade, new black parts clip straight on!), removed the original black/red OEM FR badge and replaced with the new MK4 style grey/silver FR badge.

20230820_181809.jpg

20230907_102733.jpg

20230907_145901.jpg

Imo cleans the look up nicely - still need to dechrome the front grille and source some black Cupra roof rails, and have ordered @Chillout 's recommended FR replacement front badge (but in black) from AliExpress....Not going to lie his Drive2 page is my main source of inspiration atm (albeit limited by my crappy technical skills)

• Love
Reactions: Chillout

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Start of the makeover on the engine bay, first update was engine cover rest to follow later this week.

engine cover.jpg

Reactions: queen

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Quick and easy visual mods today!

Replaced the front and rear Seat badges with gloss black ones from custommyride (old silver S parts removed with a razor blade, new black parts clip straight on!), removed the original black/red OEM FR badge and replaced with the new MK4 style grey/silver FR badge.

Imo cleans the look up nicely - still need to dechrome the front grille and source some black Cupra roof rails, and have ordered @Chillout 's recommended FR replacement front badge (but in black) from AliExpress....Not going to lie his Drive2 page is my main source of inspiration atm (albeit limited by my crappy technical skills)
Looking good!! And thanks! :cool:

What I've done today: modified Porsche active exhaust firmware to work with the MQB external soundgenerator, so now my car sounds like a Macan in sport mode :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleBob

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Still love the carbon background, nice little mod! 100k reached with limited expense?
I'd say so. Only none consumable would be when the master cylinder went and ruined the clutch. I bought it on 52k, bought 2 lots of tyres, discs and pads and the usual servicing. Routine cambelt and water pump due Feb 24. Not bad for a dirty diesel, £20 a year road tax

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay5959

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
I'd say so. Only none consumable would be when the master cylinder went and ruined the clutch. I bought it on 52k, bought 2 lots of tyres, discs and pads and the usual servicing. Routine cambelt and water pump due Feb 24. Not bad for a dirty diesel, £20 a year road tax

Damn how'd you manage that? My 184 costs £180 a year road tax!

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Good to see you stopped to take the pic, as many idiots wouldn't! :D
Sad, but I was so happy when I got to site on 99998 as I knew I'd be easily able to stop and take the snap. My daughter thought I was nuts

• Haha
Reactions: Walone

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Went to a car meet today with a difference (There was lots of very nice ice cream on sale), which I have not done for many years and met some very nice people with ages from just past driving test to retired and driving a very special Volvo (Polstar) that went like a rocket

Ice cream was very nice as well and good to see it was a Family event not just petrol heads.

lincs_low1.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.