what did you and your mk3 leon do today

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Took it into the bodyshop to get the front bumper repaired/resprayed. :( Last Thursday in the piddling rain someone reversed into it in the company car park after their reversing sensors failed. At least they admitted fault so I ought to get my excess back.
Watch them with your No Claims

My friend reversed into my car and claimed through his insurance, then next renewal my no claims came back 10 years down to 3 as although it was not my fault it was still a 'claim'

They re-instated my 10 years NCB after i went mental as a 'gesture of good will'

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

My friend reversed into my car and claimed through his insurance, then next renewal my no claims came back 10 years down to 3 as although it was not my fault it was still a 'claim'

They re-instated my 10 years NCB after i went mental as a 'gesture of good will'
Thjey will literally do anything to get out of paying.
My brothers insurance company refused to cover him when he was forced off the road by a blonde bimbo in an SUV. Hit a trench of a pothole, a double punture, bend steering rack and needed new shocks on both front and rear. He had run flats so limped the car a mile up the road to have them fixed so he could get to work on time. Rang the insurance when he got to work and they said they wouldnt cover him as their policy is that they have to "recover the vehicle from the scene of the 'accident' themselves". Total Joke. He ended up 2.5k out of pocket as the insurance company refused to pay.

Reactions: RichL

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020

Protected NCB...think I pay a quid extra or something daft like that.

Reactions: RichL

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Well that puncture cost me £117 :cry:
Apparently the screw was in at an angle so it couldn't be repaired.
Yes they are Michelin CrossClimates. Had another one fitted today so they are on every corner still.

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
4 freshly painted alloys with 4 brand new ps4s can't wait to get them on the car.
0426a0c02671547e01ad32ac4a52b7ad.jpg
b1e20610354f63d4b9b4ef414b7a614b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Just ordered new set of summer tyres for my Grey one. Pirelli p-zero sc. 225/40 r18. Great price for set

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Rain cleared up so got the car cleaned.
View attachment 13628

Then the sun came out so thought why not give swapping the grills out a go. Was surprisingly easy once I enlisted the help of my younger brother and my dog.

View attachment 13630 View attachment 13629
I took my whole bumper off to do it. Going to be swapping them again (for some with a different paint scheme) so tempted to see if I can take off my current R grills without taking the bumper off. As I did not enjoy taking it off.

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site

I've had protected no claims for a number of years now. Helped somewhat when I demolished next doors visitor's Fiesta that they parked overhanging my driveway by 18". I seem to have bad luck when it comes to accidents with Fords in general.

Got the Leon back from the bodyshop this morning. Looks all good, I'm just out my policy excess until the insurance companies settle matters.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Great addition to the car but I'd change that copper detail if I were you. It doesn't go with the red.
It actually looks a lot better in person. When I get my camera out tomorrow I’ll get some snaps of it and show you. I was originally planning on painting them red to match the car, but after seeing them in the car in person it doesn’t look too bad.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Ha
Do you guys do not miss the fog light? I use the fog lights are curve light (from 70km/h and lower).
Haven’t used fog lights at all in the last 7 years I’ve had cars with fog lights. The rear ones yes, front ones no, and the turning thing annoyed me and was the first thing I disabled after the soundaktor