what did you and your mk3 leon do today

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Went to look at a Cupra today as it was right next to were I was, it was a CAT S so it was always going to be a gamble if it'd been repaired correctly or not. Turned out it hadn't.
I feel bad for whoever falls for it, shouldn't be on the road after seeing the state of the suspension.
Had a cheeky look at a Focus ST-3, yea it's nice and has a lot of tech but my heart is set on a Cupra.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Went to look at a Cupra today as it was right next to were I was, it was a CAT S so it was always going to be a gamble if it'd been repaired correctly or not. Turned out it hadn't.
I feel bad for whoever falls for it, shouldn't be on the road after seeing the state of the suspension.
Had a cheeky look at a Focus ST-3, yea it's nice and has a lot of tech but my heart is set on a Cupra.
Out of curiosity, was it an Alor Blue one?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Not quite today, but I finally go round to replacing the rear bumper trim with a body colour painted one.
(The pic does make it look like I’ve painted the car too - before pic was done with beaming sun, and the after pic was done after a downpour with dark clouds above)

Attachments

• C816D943-ABCF-4C37-8663-0131362F8279.jpeg
    C816D943-ABCF-4C37-8663-0131362F8279.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 256

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not quite today, but I finally go round to replacing the rear bumper trim with a body colour painted one.
(The pic does make it look like I’ve painted the car too - before pic was done with beaming sun, and the after pic was done after a downpour with dark clouds above)

Yeah, that looks 10x better. I can't for the life of me figure what designer said to the team "You know what looks sporty? ... Grey plastic".

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Yeah, that looks 10x better. I can't for the life of me figure what designer said to the team "You know what looks sporty? ... Grey plastic".
Not just grey plastic, but textured grey plastic that turns white in some areas for no reason whatsoever...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not just grey plastic, but textured grey plastic that turns white in some areas for no reason whatsoever...

Yeah body colour for the win...

Rear 20200621_2.jpeg May 2018 4.jpg

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Haven't seen my Leon for weeks, swapped out for a skip and parked it at the folks. Should probably go give it a run this weekend

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Took it for a run last night. Didn't want to start even with AC and radio off and 2 goes of letting the coil light go out. Must give it a run more often than nearly of month of nothing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Did you get these sprayed or can you get one already in colour

You have to get them sprayed, and they'll need to sand it smooth and paint in a plastic primer before the proper painting starts.

Not to hard for a decent body shop though. However, for me the process was:

- Bought the part in Feb.
- Panic as it arrives bent.
- Bodyshop assures part is fine not a problem.
- Covid-19 shuts body shop.
- Recieve painted part end of June.
- Remove old part from car (breaking it off as didn't want to take bumper off).
- Discover part sent was for a 5 door not an ST. (Didn't check as it arrived bent so was distracted).
- Have a massive rage.
- When calmed down (a little), stamp type on keyboard a rant all over SCN and facebook.
- Progressive Parts get me the right part and arrange for it to be painted.
- Sell wrong part to @paddy6789 for him to have it repainted (see his post above).
- Fit correctly painted part and finally calm down.
- Get in another rage when another part sent from Sweden is sent for the 5 door not my ST. Again another error by the supplier.

You can see the long hand version in my build thread lol

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy6789

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
Removed all the door cards today and fitted a combo of silentcoat deadening to the door panels and absorber15 to the cards. Took about 2hrs and well worth it. Can’t believe the difference on the road plus the stereo has a deeper tone now.
Bought a pack of clips and not one broke so if anyone needs some(10qty) let me know and I’ll post FOC.

I also took the soundproofing from under the bonnet and fitted deadening mat and then refitted the cover and it’s taken away a boom I had around 2000rpm. 2013 150tdi FR.

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Removed all the door cards today and fitted a combo of silentcoat deadening to the door panels and absorber15 to the cards. Took about 2hrs and well worth it. Can’t believe the difference on the road plus the stereo has a deeper tone now.
Bought a pack of clips and not one broke so if anyone needs some(10qty) let me know and I’ll post FOC.
Ooooo, @paddy6789 do you have enough left over from yours for when you do my doors too ;)

Reactions: Paulo16

drdel

Oct 16, 2018

My opinion is that it was invented by someone very clever. I have a ST Desire Red. Optically, the black part divides the whole back part and is not so massive. The fact that the plastic is textured and matt is an even better idea, because black glossy painted plastic would be immediately scratched as on the door pillars. But if someone likes a big ass...

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Added a mst pipe and turbo elbow along with the pikey r600 mod.

Lets see if i can notice a difference!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
Well it definitely feels more eager on part throttle. So happy enough. Resonator delete next

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.