Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looks like a wireless charging pad

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Got it in one.

I thought that, dont they come as standard? My 17 plate had it

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

It was a £165 option as part of the 'Connectivity Hub' on the Cupra. Excellence had it as standard and now Cupra Lux I think.

Yeah, I don't think it's a wireless pad as he could get the official one fitted if it didn't come as standard for whatever reason.

Yeah £265 retro-fitted, for a wireless charging pad. What a bargain! I may order 2 lol ;)

More info on my progress so far here :) :

Damo's Carbon Edition Build thread - Post 193

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Mine was a used cupra st 300, prev owner must have optioned it i guess. Had pano roof heated seats and rear cam too. Actually never used the wireless charger as im on android so needs to be plugged in. Tarraco has it aswell and again cant use it

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Mine was a used cupra st 300, prev owner must have optioned it i guess. Had pano roof heated seats and rear cam too. Actually never used the wireless charger as im on android so needs to be plugged in. Tarraco has it aswell and again cant use it

Does android not support wireless charging? Thought they did it 12+ months before Apple.

Reactions: Steeldevil

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I have wireless charging and it was an option, part of the "Cupra" package along with Beats audio, KESSY and parking sensors if I remember correctly which I ticked, don't ask me why but different things are standard vs option on different markets (I'm in Sweden). But my phone doesn't even have wireless charging although my wife use it :LOL: I always keep the lead plugged in anyway for Android Auto.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Got it in one.

It was a £165 option as part of the 'Connectivity Hub' on the Cupra. Excellence had it as standard and now Cupra Lux I think.

Yeah £265 retro-fitted, for a wireless charging pad. What a bargain! I may order 2 lol ;)

More info on my progress so far here :) :

Damo's Carbon Edition Build thread - Post 193
Bloody hell, didn't know it was that expensive. Don't blame you not going OEM.

• Haha
Reactions: Damo H

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I fitted my JB4. After fitting it I connected it to my laptop and went for a spin. I had no errors on my dash at all. Is this normal? The software seemed to be logging correctly and shows I'm in map 4 which is what I selected.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It does support it but android auto has to be plugged in...

I have wireless charging and it was an option, part of the "Cupra" package along with Beats audio, KESSY and parking sensors if I remember correctly which I ticked, don't ask me why but different things are standard vs option on different markets (I'm in Sweden). But my phone doesn't even have wireless charging although my wife use it :LOL: I always keep the lead plugged in anyway for Android Auto.
Not cheap I admit, but this is the android version of what I've bought to make mine wireless CarPlay...

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I fitted my JB4. After fitting it I connected it to my laptop and went for a spin. I had no errors on my dash at all. Is this normal? The software seemed to be logging correctly and shows I'm in map 4 which is what I selected.

I think it is normal. I had some errors when fitting at first on both my cars but after I reinstalled it after service a week ago I got no dash warnings at all. It might depend on if the battery was disconnected or not (at least mine wasn't disconnected this time).

Make sure it has the current 8.5.1 firmware. On map 4 it should be noticably quicker than stock.

Reactions: Kirky

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Confirmed my return collection date for my Cupra (11th August). Sad day but bigger car is now required. jumping ship to a Skoda Kodiaq. I dot think the 1.5 TSI will give much enjoyment but I am sure I will enjoy the extra space and creature comforts that come with it

Jake_LHX

Jan 9, 2020
20200728_160519.jpg

Guess the roads decided it was time to try out some Michelin PS4S's.

Booked in to change tomorrow.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Confirmed my return collection date for my Cupra (11th August). Sad day but bigger car is now required. jumping ship to a Skoda Kodiaq. I dot think the 1.5 TSI will give much enjoyment but I am sure I will enjoy the extra space and creature comforts that come with it
I recently did the same. Said goodbye to my 17 Cupra St4004 drive and changed to the Tarraco excellence 1st ed + 2.0tsi 190hp, i did look at kodiaqs aswell but similar spec to the fully loaded tarraco was around 7k more!!

Im actually really enjoying the change so far.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I recently did the same. Said goodbye to my 17 Cupra St4004 drive and changed to the Tarraco excellence 1st ed + 2.0tsi 190hp, i did look at kodiaqs aswell but similar spec to the fully loaded tarraco was around 7k more!!

Im actually really enjoying the change so far.

good to hear someone settle down with the change to a completely different car. I lease my cars so for me the Kodiaq was cheaper than the equivalent Tarraco
we have also ordered a Karoq Sportline to change our Q3, wont get another Audi again i think, overated.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I think it is normal. I had some errors when fitting at first on both my cars but after I reinstalled it after service a week ago I got no dash warnings at all. It might depend on if the battery was disconnected or not (at least mine wasn't disconnected this time).

Make sure it has the current 8.5.1 firmware. On map 4 it should be noticably quicker than stock.
It works :love:. I was reading max 23 psi boost on map 4 and AFR looks good but best of all the car pulls so quickly. It wasn't a slouch before but this actually took me by surprise when I took it for a spin. Well happy.

Reactions: Zer0

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
It works :love:. I was reading max 23 psi boost on map 4 and AFR looks good but best of all the car pulls so quickly. It wasn't a slouch before but this actually took me by surprise when I took it for a spin. Well happy.

Glad to hear it mate :)

Reactions: Kirky

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
good to hear someone settle down with the change to a completely different car. I lease my cars so for me the Kodiaq was cheaper than the equivalent Tarraco
we have also ordered a Karoq Sportline to change our Q3, wont get another Audi again i think, overated.

We have a 2017 karoq 1.6tdi SE-L with DSG on lease and I have to say the interior is so nice, we was quite impressed and the led headlights are great too at night. Really nice car for the space and how comfortable it is.

Reactions: GordonMcC