what did you and your mk3 leon do today

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Dropped the Blue one off to have the scratches repaired. The guy has a good reputation and has done repair work for me before. Pretty confident it's gonna come back perfect.

Top tip; don't reverse up narrow lanes with small walls

Attachments

• 20220526_084415.jpg
    20220526_084415.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Sad
Reactions: Walone

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Do you know what ceramic was applied? Just paint or wheels, glass and trim?
Hi , it had all the swirl marks and webbing removed first and then it had Getchniq Crystal Serum light along with Exo 4 plus wheels done and coated ,I had it booked but in the mean time my missis really would like something higher so 8 decided to get it done anyway as its not going to hurt for selling purposes although after seen it I'm thinking of talking her out of it lol.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Hi , it had all the swirl marks and webbing removed first and then it had Getchniq Crystal Serum light along with Exo 4 plus wheels done and coated ,I had it booked but in the mean time my missis really would like something higher so 8 decided to get it done anyway as its not going to hurt for selling purposes although after seen it I'm thinking of talking her out of it lol.
Ah nice, Exo and CSL are pretty solid when combined. If it wasn't multi layer application I would've used it on mine
Gtechniq products are pretty nice, got some C5 and G1 for mine.

C5 will fade pretty fast with the wrong cleaning product. A nice pH neutral shampoo with a wheel woolly brush works wonders, avoid Surfex like the plague, it's too strong for coated wheels.

Attachments

• 20220522_224213.jpg
    20220522_224213.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 78

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Ah nice, Exo and CSL are pretty solid when combined. If it wasn't multi layer application I would've used it on mine
Gtechniq products are pretty nice, got some C5 and G1 for mine.

C5 will fade pretty fast with the wrong cleaning product. A nice pH neutral shampoo with a wheel woolly brush works wonders, avoid Surfex like the plague, it's too strong for coated wheels.
Perfect and thanks , what would be a good spray on gloss/wetlook enhancer for aftercare ??

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Perfect and thanks , what would be a good spray on gloss/wetlook enhancer for aftercare ??
Gyeon Wet Coat is nice, but isn't very cost effective. If the price was better it'd be my go to.

I use Bilt Hamber Touch On, it's not really a gloss enhancer but you don't really need one once a car is coated. Apply it via a snowfoam lance to reduce the risk of swirls

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Gyeon Wet Coat is nice, but isn't very cost effective. If the price was better it'd be my go to.

I use Bilt Hamber Touch On, it's not really a gloss enhancer but you don't really need one once a car is coated. Apply it via a snowfoam lance to reduce the risk of swirls
I'll take a look and thanks.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Put 2 new Michelin pilot sport 4 s on the front of the car. The dealer stealer was looking £290 for 2 x falkens. I got 2 x Michelin fitted with alignment checked etc for less than that.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I can't help cleaning now lol , had another QD clean along with all the glass and quick interior tidy up.
View attachment 32073 View attachment 32078
That's a real slippery slope, thousands of pounds will be spent .

Get one of these, you can make nice lines in your carpet and seats

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise