What did you do at work today???

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
It's you lot who keep me In a job... keep breaking your trucks .....

300,000km and they recon it's smoking. I can't see any when it's running or even when the exhaust was stripped off. But the dpf kept blocking up and I have changed nearly every thing... so the last resort was piston rings... so today was stripping the head of a 17 plate 18 ton daf. And the the sump...

20201113_103325.jpg

The ring gaps where massive lol... so new rings ordered along with big end shells and head set.....

Reactions: Lozzy15 and Legojon

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
I started my new career yesterday as a class 2 lorry driver.
So today i mostly drove to Norfolk and back (to Maulden Bedfordshire).
Not that interesting but i enjoyed it lol
I've held my class two for a while but have no driving experience so can't get a job, beginning to think I just threw 2k away.
Anyway congratulations on the new career even though it was a while back.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I've held my class two for a while but have no driving experience so can't get a job, beginning to think I just threw 2k away.

From working as HGV mechanic then vehicle tester in a large dealership many moons ago (left there in '93) I've still got my Class 1. Renewed every 5 years after 45 I decided at the low price to renew it was better to keep it even though I've only needed it once in '95 and again when doing temporary work in '98. Sadly from birthday next year it will need to be renewed annually so I'm going to let it go :cry:.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool

Have you signed up to agencies?
This can be a good way to gain experience.
You’ll probably have to be prepared to work weekends and shifts that no one else wants at first but it can be a foot in the door.
I know a couple of the class 2 drivers that come into our place did this when they first got their license.

Reactions: Wilto

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020

Afternoon.
Yeh, i feel lucky to have got the job. I got in through the back door as it were. A customer at my old job was retiring from the driving and gave me a years heads up to get my licence. Also over the year, speaking to his (now my) boss to keep my name in mind.
Now its just the case of keeping the job. With work dropping off (thanks china) and me having a few minor knocks im watching myself.

As sead. It seems to be the way in is to do agency work.
Also, there are probably a few local haulage yards/firms local to tou that you dont even know exist.
Definitely worth finding them and doing a bit of door knocking. Im not convinced that just looking on the internet is the answer in this trade. No reason why face to face wouldn't work.

Good luck.

Rich

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Retired 4 weeks ago, so no work to go to anymore, just housework, car and bike trips etc. Still in the missing work mode a bit but as the better weather and my new Cupra Leon arrives, can only get better.
Welcome to the retirees club 🙂 (I joined 6.5 years ago).

Enjoy your retirement.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I want to join now...and the government put my state pension back a year :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise