What difference in fuel economy have you seen after a remap on a 2.0 tdi cr 170

Dale_tem

Feb 9, 2012
I'm looking at getting a remap and wondered what the difference in fuel economy has been?

Any side by side comparison or difference on a know journey?

I read someone's average MPG on a journey rose from 51mpg to 59mpg which is a good rise.

Would a revo remap be best with the linear throttle bit?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Fishy

May 16, 2005
My PD140 was worse by a fair bit. I thought it was just using the loud pedal and enjoying the power, but even on long runs at a steady cruise it was well down. Even worse now I've got a stage 2 hybrid!

Others will say that they have seen an improvement though.

Fish

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
I have a 2010 Octavia VRS Cr 170 with a remap with a claimed output of 212bhp and oodles of torque, it is now averaging overall about 48mpg combined, thats over about 15K miles which is pretty good. I'm finding that on a motorway run ( very regular trips over the pennines from stockport up to Hull) and its easily getting mid to high 50's

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
dsrr said:
I have a 2010 Octavia VRS Cr 170 with a remap with a claimed output of 212bhp and oodles of torque, it is now averaging overall about 48mpg combined, thats over about 15K miles which is pretty good. I'm finding that on a motorway run ( very regular trips over the pennines from stockport up to Hull) and its easily getting mid to high 50's

Sounds good & interesting, but am wondering whether that's the true MPG or what the computer's saying?

Cheers

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
That's my calculated from Receipts against mileage ( from my business expenses claims)

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Hi and thanks dsrr, it makes getting one a more attractive prospect, and could you quantify "oodles of torque" a bit more please! You are quite specific on the BHP of 212, but very vague on torque figure, which is of more interest with a derv!

Cheers

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.