What do you think of this angel eyes mod?

richbass

Sorry me again, i like those headlights very much and am looking to get some myself, black angel eyes on my Black LCR.

can you tell me what make these angel eyes are? also what bulb fitment they have as i'm looking to purchase a Xenon (H.I.D) conversion kit, so need the bulb type.

Also would you know if the Xenon bulbs will fit straight in or will the headlamp require any sort of modification. Its just that i put angel eyes and xenons on my previous car and the angel eyes actually stated on the back of the unit not suitable for HID bulbs. I ignored that and fitted the kit anyway, the bulbs required H1 fitment to these angel eyes so i ordered an H1 HID kit only to find that i had to alter the fitment slightly to actually get them to fit. This resulted in the light beam being projected at a strange angle, about 25 degress rather than giving out the correct horizontal beam.

Hope i have explained that properly.

Sorry one more question, is there actually a noticeable difference of light output between the projector output from these aftermarket angel eyes and the standard Seat Headlights.

Thanks for any helpful input it will be greatly appreciated

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
more pics of mine...

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
richbass said:
Sorry me again, i like those headlights very much and am looking to get some myself, black angel eyes on my Black LCR.

can you tell me what make these angel eyes are? also what bulb fitment they have as i'm looking to purchase a Xenon (H.I.D) conversion kit, so need the bulb type.

Also would you know if the Xenon bulbs will fit straight in or will the headlamp require any sort of modification. Its just that i put angel eyes and xenons on my previous car and the angel eyes actually stated on the back of the unit not suitable for HID bulbs. I ignored that and fitted the kit anyway, the bulbs required H1 fitment to these angel eyes so i ordered an H1 HID kit only to find that i had to alter the fitment slightly to actually get them to fit. This resulted in the light beam being projected at a strange angle, about 25 degress rather than giving out the correct horizontal beam.

Hope i have explained that properly.

Sorry one more question, is there actually a noticeable difference of light output between the projector output from these aftermarket angel eyes and the standard Seat Headlights.

Thanks for any helpful input it will be greatly appreciated

Rich

my angel eyes are Ultra ones (RHD) (search for threads by me!!!)

h1 bulbs... i have fitted a h1 6000k HID conversion in my lamps... was such a pain in the arse but well worth it!

imho the lights are crap (about 70% as good as the OE ones!) and with the HID conversion they are JUST about the same as the OE for lighting up the road... but i think the looks make it worth it! :yes: :rolleyes: :doh:

was very hard to do the conversion.. u have to take the lights apart and because the quality of the lights is not great u have to drill out the metal so the h1 HID bulbs will fit in it!!! not ideal at all! once you have done this u have to put it all back together and seal it all up!

like i said search for my thread! :yes:

hope this helps.

james :)

richbass

Hi thanks for your response, just as i thought, typical ULTRA crap, i think i'm gonna pass on getting the angel eyes and just get the HID conversion for the standard H7 OE headlights.

Must admit thought the angel eyes do look good guys! nice cars indeed!

:lol:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
tbh in hindsight i would do exactly that! (HID the OE lights)

sooo much hassel and ONLY JUST ABOUT end up with the same light output as OE (with the HID conversion!)

but as said... i do think they suit my car down to the earth and how many other LCRs do u see with them?! ;) :)

torrito

SoLiDSnK said:
Yes, I can fit the HID kit without any problem. you just have to do a little bigger the hole where the bulb is to fit the hid bulb (a little bigger than halogen) and no problem at all :).

Price of Angel Eyes is aprox. 200€ + evo eyes 120€ + xenon hid kit 200€ (I sell them :p).

who is the producer of those Angel eyes (i was looking in FK catalouge for this year and they have the same, like yours)
and what are the evo eyes???:blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.