What does this pipe do?

Snowflake

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Hi all.

Went and bought myself a Alhambra and am starting to fixing the problems with it (already repaired the wiper motor, whiper links, tailgate loom..) took notice that there is a pipe made of harder plastic that zig zags across the topp of the motor (1.8T V20 - AHJ), from the top right corner (from a can looking thing) and ending up in front of the engine, at some sort of pump or somthing, just next to the fans. This was broken in several places so i wounder that this pipe does and what would the effects be if it is broken.

//Snowy

Snowflake

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
The "can looking thing" that i wrote about erlier can be seen on this picture.
w-w-w-.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=13918&g2_serialNumber=2
Its in the lower part of the picture, with a stainless steel (?) dish on top.
One can also see the beginning of the pipe im woundering about.

//Snowy

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Hi Snowy. Unable to locate the picture you refer to. On my 20VT there is an air pump low down on the left front of engine connected to an air pipr that runs to the right of the engine. This pump will sometimes start up (when you first start engine ) to put extra air into engine when starting from cold. Once engine is slightly warm it switches off (sounds like a jet engine winding down ). The pump does not always come on every time engine is started from cold - depends on atmospherics I think. I too had this pipe break and I replaced it with some flexible plastic hose ( something like vacuum cleaner tubing ) and have had noo problems with engine startup.

Last edited:

Snowflake

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Yeah i got i figured now. Googled the part number (7M0131125D) and found that its the connecting hose between the "secondary air pump" and the "combi valve". Was somting like 9 euros from a firm in the netherlands, but i repaired mine, in a better way than the garage did (they had used electric tape). I used shrinking tube in two layers...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.