Ibiza 6J Air Con pipe burst help

May 21, 2023
Took the ibiza (FR 2.0 TDI) for an air con check before regas as it was not working and was told a pipe had burst at the bottom which is why it leaked so they couldn't regas it. Does anyone know if this is a fairly easy fix or better to get mechanic to do it as they said its at the bottom? i assume its the rubber part that's burst as most of it looks metal from the ones on ebay.

cheers

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
You replace them easy enough but you probably will need a proper company to regas if it's empty, which it will be

May 21, 2023
You replace them easy enough but you probably will need a proper company to regas if it's empty, which it will be
thanks for your reply, do you know if is it hard to get to the bottom pipe and replace it without taking stuff apart etc? and yeah told them once its fixed ill rebook for regas

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You need to study one of the online VW Group parts listings to get the part number of the correct one for your model of Ibiza, then maybe take a chance on buying a used one from a proper online "scrappy" as they do tend to get listed on ebay.

Just make sure that you correctly identify the pipe that has failed, it will either be the high pressure side one or the low pressure one. I might have this issue on my wife's 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS, but will probably get it recharged (again) this year as I can't locate the slight leak site!

Always also buy from a VW Group dealership parts department, the O-ring seals for both ends and lubricate the seals with Krytox or fridge system oil prior to fitting them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.