What Funky things can I do with Vag-com?

Sulli

3rd Cupra
And do the generic OBDII things that some garages have do everything vag-com can do (I ask this as our old Ibiza Cupra R had a fault code showing and my mate down local garage plugged in his generic OBDII thing, brought up the menu and identified and cleared the fault - the menu seemed to show loads of stuff).??

Specifically, i'd like to alter the c/locking to autolock after starting engine; sort out why my fuel computer average fuel display seems to reset every journey (unlike my Audi A6); double check boost if i can to covince me it's not been remapped :rolleyes: , and any other cool stuff.

Can anyone enlighten me.

It's a Dec 2002 LCR by the way..

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
your fuel average should only reset after around 3 ours of key out ign off inactivity and the other side of the switch should be there counting permanently until you reset it.

vagcom can make your car beep on locking, reset engine adaption, set your locking, and a few other things, nothing major like engine timing etc.

Sulli

3rd Cupra
On th Audi the average stays as an average until you reset it - so I know what my average is since I bought it - thought the LCR would be the same.
So how about this generic reader - will it do all that vag-com does?
Or, has anyone in Coventry got vag-com who can set my locking etc?

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I'd just go to your local meet (birmingham?) and ask someone to sort the central locking out for you there. You may want to ask beforehand so peeps remember to bring vag-com with em tho.
The average for the car is shown by pressing the button on the underside of the stalk when on the average mpg bit to switch between average for journey and average for car and hold down to reset (although my memories hazy, it'l be in the manual).

Sulli

3rd Cupra
NeilC said:
I'd just go to your local meet (birmingham?) and ask someone to sort the central locking out for you there. You may want to ask beforehand so peeps remember to bring vag-com with em tho.
The average for the car is shown by pressing the button on the underside of the stalk when on the average mpg bit to switch between average for journey and average for car and hold down to reset (although my memories hazy, it'l be in the manual).
Thanks mate, that mileage thing was confusing me - should have double-checked the manual :whistle:
I'll keep a look out for local meets - might even invest in a cable as I also have an Audi A6 2.5Tdi - sure there's plenty of useful things I can do with it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.