what has happened to 'The Old Boy'?

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

I followed his build closely although have been off this forum for a few months and now cant seem to find it.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

I followed his build closely although have been off this forum for a few months and now cant seem to find it.
My understanding is he decided to leave the forum and deleted his account :(

His posts where supposed to stay as they have helped many a people over the years. However it looks as though any threads he may of created have disappeared. @Legojon @paddy6789 @Jimbobcook Is there a way of at least returning his threads at all?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah sadly he wanted to move on and away from the forum, it's a great loss to us and our meets as i've met him many times now and he was normally the center of helping anyone with questions which was nice to see!

As for posts i'm not sure if they got removed by himself before leaving or if the change of posts has lost them in the process, i'll ask and see what we can see, if he deleted them I don't think we would bring them back as that would be against his wishes.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I can still find some of his posts. They are now from Deleted member 103408. I assume that things like his readers ride he deleted himself. Not sure theres a time limit the anonymous posts get cleaned. He had thousands of posts. To delete them all himself would be near impossible.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Yeah sadly he wanted to move on and away from the forum, it's a great loss to us and our meets as i've met him many times now and he was normally the center of helping anyone with questions which was nice to see!

As for posts i'm not sure if they got removed by himself before leaving or if the change of posts has lost them in the process, i'll ask and see what we can see, if he deleted them I don't think we would bring them back as that would be against his wishes.
That’s a shame.
I only met him the once at the Doncaster meet and he’s a proper decent chap. I was really surprised when I met him as he doesn’t look like the kind of fella to have a modified leon Cupra (More a beige Volvo, lol)
Think it’s ace, and his car is stunning!
Best wishes to him wherever he’s gone?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
That’s a shame.
I only met him the once at the Doncaster meet and he’s a proper decent chap. I was really surprised when I met him as he doesn’t look like the kind of fella to have a modified leon Cupra (More a beige Volvo, lol)
Think it’s ace, and his car is stunning!
Best wishes to him wherever he’s gone?
exactly the same here. met him once at doncaster.. he smiled at me as i drove in, knew who i was and greeted me. showed me around his car and everything. he was really into the seat community, what a shame :(

Reactions: BadBoy03

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
exactly the same here. met him once at doncaster.. he smiled at me as i drove in, knew who i was and greeted me. showed me around his car and everything. he was really into the seat community, what a shame :(
I feel really sad about this. I hope he is ok & happy...such a nice chap!

Reactions: kanyewest

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Dam, what a loss. He was a big personality at the meets and a great guy. Hope he's ok, all we can do now is respect his decision, I'm sure he's got his reasons.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.