what have you done to your car today ?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Yea, well i only need the bumper wing and head light, ive already got the light and wing, but there isnt much choice for FR/cupra bumpers, its probs easier to get a LCR bumper, but im not keen on making it look like somthing its not, especialy since it is a pretty good spec car as it is.

yeah you got that right mate, i just got my hands on a FR one for £170 but i havent seen any. If you got a scrappy near you it might be worth a look there?

Mackay3

No decent scrappys within 200 miles mate, i live on the very north coast of scotland. Found one on the bay that looks promising tho. Body shop was quoting for brand new parts from seat so me getting the bits should bring the quote down a wee bit.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
ah yeah only a little bit far to travel :lol: you could get the cost down quite a bit probably by getting the parts, then spraying them but fitting them all yourself

Mackay3

ah yeah only a little bit far to travel :lol: you could get the cost down quite a bit probably by getting the parts, then spraying them but fitting them all yourself

Haha, yea we have to travel 100 miles to get anywhere. Yea, that is tomorrows plans, negotiate a better price with them, needing it quick as possible so if i could fit the parts and them just give it a quick blow over would be ideal for me.

Mackay3

A pic of the wall looked like after its altercation with the leon.. Also managed to beat the body shop down to £600 for the repairs by buying the bits myself.
u9ytuhyr.jpg

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Got my hands on these. Rare these days I believe...?
FD35AB8E-39B7-4339-8218-23CEBFD5B148-573-0000005DBB89B271.jpg

D527590B-4C6D-4A5E-84C2-741C5B1DDC97-573-0000005DBF16B33A.jpg

Going to strip the paint off the back and tint the front for daytime use, all 4 and a half hours this time of year!

Last edited:

marcus.l

Dec 31, 2011
Manchester
Got a quote back from the body shop for my incedent i mentioned yesterday. £1300!:scary: Cue long phone silence and "are you sure?!" Then a resounding "oh" when told ut wasnt a mistake. Frantic scouring of ebay sees me awaiting delivery of a headlight and wing delivered for £120 and in negotiations for a bumper for £200. This is after the body shop telling me that they cant get second hand spares from ANYWHERE!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune I've found this if it helps 121034579425 on the bay or try what Ravi suggests and find somebody breaking one on there.

Mackay3

Sorry to hear of your misfortune I've found this if it helps 121034579425 on the bay or try what Ravi suggests and find somebody breaking one on there.

Thanks mate, i finaly managed to get the bumper, wing and headlight, for £330 including delivery, which is pretty impressive concidering the delivery charges to up here. Coincedentaly, the bodyshop had quoted over £700 to supply the parts, which were apparently unobtanable when they looked secondhand, not sure how i managed to find them within 10 minutes of turning the computer on!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.