what is this behind my dashboard...

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
hey people!

just wondering what the round black thing is on the passenger side of my dashboard... well behind the dash! i think it has one connection going to it.

its in this picture to the left..

2906_183525760570_513660570_6615073_7038106_n.jpg

its rattling and annoying me :think:

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
haha thanks for the helpful comments.. and thanks for the witty comments on top of that :p

the plastic cover on it is rattling, and i'm glad i've found it :) so i'll sort it somehow.

dash is out to check for rattles and to make sure everything is secured nice and tightly.

also, i'm getting a new dash, so wanted to get the old one out for that :)

hope that cleares things up!

oh, and cupraelliot. pm me and i'll point you in the right direction on getting the dash out!

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
took me 40 minutes lol.. not that long!
plus i have a week off work. in that time iv'e done the following.

seats out, cleaned.
full carpet out and cleaned
all panels out and cleaned
dash out twice
all cables and everything lose is tied wrapped back in place.

found 8 pens and £1.25p!

carpet back in, glued in place
seats back in.

dash out to get replaced!

oh fun and games! but no more rattles! :D

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
seems a bit er...excesive for a rattle..:lol:..but then if you have the time. I went out in my dads new well 06 plate 5 series bmw the other day was amazed by how erm "quiet" the ride was..:lol:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Fair play Cus. The dash is one thing I would never fancy taking off for fear of it never going back quite the same way. My mate's just had his Lupo GTI dash out to be flocked and it looks tip top

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Nice one cus! some good progress there! and that £1.25 can go towards som more mods eh ;) sure it'll get you far!

Aye i'll be coming your way too if i need any help i think if thats ok! and i found out that brace definately doesn't fit by the way, cheers anyway though. :D

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
haha thanks for the comments everyone! :)

i was a bit worried about the dash not going back in.. but it went back fine, and now i've found the source of the rattle, i'm over the moon! i just got sick of them!
once the new flocked dash is back in, i'll get some pics up :) hopefully it'll look good!

2906_182311655570_513660570_6582318_4125470_n.jpg

theres proof of the pens! haha! 6 of them were jammed tightly together under the passenger seat.

no problem artemis :) it was worth a try anyways...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members