What makes people buy ALTEA?

smilley792

May 1, 2008
if i had a family i would get a altea for sure, they look awesome, and drive well, as i test drove one before buying the leon.
and as there cheaper and higher spec'd than most cars similar, why the hell not

Watto_uk

Mar 16, 2008
When I first saw it on a 2004 calender, I thought to myself, "what's that?. It looks fantastic." Later on that year, I saw my 1st one at the Cosford airshow. I had a quick look round it and thought it was really nice.

A few months later, I was invited to the launch of the new Toledo, where I got to have a proper look around one (where I also won an auction to bid for a Sports Jacket, a t-shirt and cap, all signed by Jason Plato.:D).

2 days later, I went back for a test drive. After getting back, I ordered one straight away, for March 1st delivery. I'm now on my 2nd Altea (08).

peryerplowman

I chose my Altea XL for many of the reasons highlighted above. Originally I planned to get an Octavia vRS but realised the Altea was bigger, better looking and way, way better equipped.

When I realised it could be had with the 170 TDI, and I could spec it up to be a virtual Altea XL FR, I was sold. The fact it annoys BMW drivers by being a real Q-car is the cherry on top*

*I don't sell cars. Honest.

mocuishe

Well my previous car was SUBARU LEGACY 2005! Nothing can match that! If i get chance to trade mine in fr such ca i will!! I have crashed mine subaru therefore altea case is cheaper than subaru. But as long as i have it i am more convinced that subaru i worth the money!

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Have a 1.9 reference sport 2007 fantastic car,not for their trade in value for sure even from seat dealers.

ShrekTFSI

I needed to get a more "family car " but still wanted something fun

Donitsi

I bought it for the looks, space and engine. The shape has character that many don't, it feels roomy for a 191cm chap, my hat doesn't touch the roof.

I took the test drive with 1.4TSi engine not knowing anything about it. I was stunned! I compared it to my other car which is an older Octavia Vrs with the 1.8T. Less consuption, nearly the same feel of power. No hassle overtaking, just floor it and it rockets of. I planned to buy the 2.0TFSI but after testing this small block it was the better bang for a buck.

I have seen many Golf Plus cars on the road but the car has not the same character. It's just a fat Golf. And it cost more. I don't mind the interior. Because it's cheaplooking it gives me opportunity to make it look what ever I want. No need to feel sorry about the imitation leather or anything. Just wrap the plastic in nice alcantara.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.