what mods to do before a pd140 remap HELP!!

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
Anyone know what the best mods to do are to maximize the bhp on a remap??

I've seen that about 185bhp can be achieved without any other mods but i was wanting 200bhp+

I'm getting a custom map so all mods will be taken into account.

cheers for the help and advice! :D

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Don't think the turbo will support any more than about 185 ... would guess uprated turbo and internals if you want to go higher.

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
:( do you think i should jus go for induction kit and larger air intake? what about if i straight pipe the exhaust straight from theturbo cut the cat off and that?? think that will make any difference?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
If you want a realiable 200+ bhp you need a bigger turbo. Replacing the backbox for a free flow version will help slightly plus a panel filter will help throttle responce but not increase BHP as the stock airfilter is very good anyway. You will also need an uprated clutch soon if running 200bhp.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
also get a K&N 57i induction kit (part no. 57-0618) £117.50 or pipercross velocity intake system (part no. VIS314) £235.00. These can make the car sound a little better under throttle too and complement the remap and exhaust.

These induction kits are available to order and fit urself from demontweeks. if not try to find ur local tuner.

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
so what do you think i should get the torque capped off at to stop excessive wear on the engine and clutch? any ideas how much quicker it will make it than standard?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise