What Mods visual and performance for Ibiza MK5 black

Apr 30, 2019
Hi, I’m new to this forum and was looking for help regarding what mods I should do.
47f5a2a7e9948186b861b26a34276db3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. You'll certainly find lots of info on here. I've moved your post across to the Ibiza MK5 forum so more owners will see it. It's worth having a look through the MK5 sections stickied threads, faqs and through the readers rides for ideas. There's some heavily modified cars on here both in cosmetic and performance. What engine is it?

One thing we'd say to all new members, I'd edit out your reg plates in the pics for security.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
BTW, don't expect that there are any credible engine power enhancing mods available, that engine is all about reliability, enjoy that side of things for what they are.

Reactions: LeighPing1

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would hope that any new pistons that are being supplied by a VW Group source, will only be the latest version for that engine, maybe talk to your engine builder/repairer about the oil sprayers etc mentioned elsewhere, it would have been good to find a complete "best rebuild options" parts list, but I don't think that is available clearly anywhere, I think that someone in Italy even replaced the chain drive etc with parts not intended for the CAVE engine, but he was doing some of the work himself so time and modifying existing parts to accept the parts for the later engine was not a problem when his intention was to make his CAVE as reliably as it should have been when launched.

Remember all the other actions that should be taken during an engine rebuild, ie listed in the "Lucifer's guide" and any other sources of good advice for this engine.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would hope that any new pistons that are being supplied by a VW Group source, will only be the latest version for that engine, maybe talk to your engine builder/repairer about the oil sprayers etc mentioned elsewhere, it would have been good to find a complete "best rebuild options" parts list, but I don't think that is available clearly anywhere, I think that someone in Italy even replaced the chain drive etc with parts not intended for the CAVE engine, but he was doing some of the work himself so time and modifying existing parts to accept the parts for the later engine was not a problem when his intention was to make his CAVE as reliably as it should have been when launched.

Remember all the other actions that should be taken during an engine rebuild, ie listed in the "Lucifer's guide" and any other sources of good advice for this engine.

That reply from me was meant for another thread, so ignore it, it has nothing to do with this 1.4 16V engine at all! My mistake I'd think!

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
performance probably wouldn't bother if I were honest. Maybe a sportier sounding exhaust.
Visual maybe lower it a bit, fit splitter, new wheels. What were you thinking of?

Apr 14, 2019
performance probably wouldn't bother if I were honest. Maybe a sportier sounding exhaust.
Visual maybe lower it a bit, fit splitter, new wheels. What were you thinking of?

These are pretty much the mods I'm considering. Any recommendations on front lip, slightly sportier exhaust and wheels? I think I got the lowering springs figured out.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
splitter wise Maxton design and TRC look good. Exhaust could get one made by a local garage or off the shelf maybe miltek. Others could confirm other sources for exhaust. Wheels wise there's so much choice Its mainly down to your own preference. Any you seen yourself

Reactions: NateC
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members