What to do next?!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Alright people.

I've got a 2016 Leon Cupra SC Black edition as seen here...

8jChur5.png

fgmZi5g.png

I have so far added...

tasteful yet powerful boot subwoofer
TRC Front Splitter
Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Stage 1 Remap
Remus Exhaust
Upgraded Genuine Seat Side Skirt kit

All of which are of course going to come off when the car goes back in 2 years (1 year if they don't allow me to extend it)

Is the turbo muffler delete a reliable and worthwhile mod does anyone know?

I'm also thinking about getting the Revo Induction Kit and doing a stage 2 map but I don't want to live in fear of pushing her too far, hurting the engine and having warranty issues due to all the tinkering...

But then again I am a car guy after all and I'm always looking for the next thing to do to her, so here's the question.

What would YOU do next?

Last edited:

dj74

Aug 16, 2017
Wrexham
What is the lease companies view on modifying their car??? Nice car by the way.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
They have no view on it, other than the fact it will be exactly the same when it goes back as when they gave it to me.

Reactions: Ste mako

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
But thanks for the compliment on the car by the way, and also thankyou for reminding me to cover the Reg number just in case :)

Deleted member 103408

How about doing some VCDS, OBD11, Carista mods to the car and the good thing with these tools you can take them with you to your next VAG car.

I like the revo Cone induction kit as it gives a nice sound in the car

There are lots of guys on here who have Stage two (various different companies) with no issues but you are going to be making a lot of changes (Intercooler, Sparks, Engine Mounts etc) that have to be changed when you give the car back and will be obvious to garage when in goes into a service seems a lot of hassle for a car you are not going to keep.

I would not worry about the engine as there are many other Stage 3+ maps out there pushing much more power than stage 2. As long as you are good with warming up/down and change oil more frequently than standard it should be fine.

Have you thought about a DSG map

Hughsey

Jan 23, 2016
They have no view on it, other than the fact it will be exactly the same when it goes back as when they gave it to me.
In this i guess you haven't told them?
Why would you modify a car that doesn't belong you?
Big risk on a 30k car

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
Modifying a lease car is fine, as long as it is returned in its original condition - No issues here.

Car looks amazing btw!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
The car is a manual, I'm not a huge fan of the DSG. had a golf R DSG for 6 months and missed the involvement of the manual. much prefer this.

My Car won't be stolen, I have an AutoWatch Ghost installed and I'm willing to gamble no one is taking her from me, even if they get hold of my keys.

With regard to service, yes a main dealer might just notice these mods, give me some credit guys. She won't be being serviced by them.

feeling a little negative today Hughesy or what? I'm an experienced car leaser, let me worry about all that mate :)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
How about doing some VCDS, OBD11, Carista mods to the car and the good thing with these tools you can take them with you to your next VAG car.

I like the revo Cone induction kit as it gives a nice sound in the car

There are lots of guys on here who have Stage two (various different companies) with no issues but you are going to be making a lot of changes (Intercooler, Sparks, Engine Mounts etc) that have to be changed when you give the car back and will be obvious to garage when in goes into a service seems a lot of hassle for a car you are not going to keep.

I would not worry about the engine as there are many other Stage 3+ maps out there pushing much more power than stage 2. As long as you are good with warming up/down and change oil more frequently than standard it should be fine.

Have you thought about a DSG map

have you got the revo cone on? what is different about the sound from the engine in the cabin? Also what do you mean by Carista mods? first I've heard of that

Deleted member 103408

Yes I have the Revo Cone and i have just re oiled it as I got it second hand.

Carista is iphone app to make changes to VAG cars,
I am an OBD11 user and have done a lot of changes to the car as well as being able to check for fault codes etc.

Noise is at a nice level, when you hit the pedal you get a nice air sucking noise from the engine bay but its not in your face which is what I did not want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hughsey

Jan 23, 2016
The car is a manual, I'm not a huge fan of the DSG. had a golf R DSG for 6 months and missed the involvement of the manual. much prefer this.

My Car won't be stolen, I have an AutoWatch Ghost installed and I'm willing to gamble no one is taking her from me, even if they get hold of my keys.

With regard to service, yes a main dealer might just notice these mods, give me some credit guys. She won't be being serviced by them.

feeling a little negative today Hughesy or what? I'm an experienced car leaser, let me worry about all that mate :)
Nope I just find it strange you want to put all that money into something you will never own
Secondly the lease company will be selling that car on the basis that it has been kept standard when returned which it hasnt.
The new owner not knowing it's been heavily modified may not have purchased it.

Last edited:

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
I think 'heavily' modified is a bit strong but I see where you are coming from.

However, I have done 3400 miles in the car in nearly 13 months. The car is looked after like it's my human offspring, much better I would assume than 95% of lease cars. I give it back with a clean conscience.

The money I put into it, will mostly be recovered, as the Exhaust was bought at cost and fitted for free, the Remap was done by me, the skirts were fitted for free and painted by a friend etc etc etc. I am in the motor trade so I am sure I will be able to sell all these bits when they come off for decent money, as they wont have been used much at all. I drive a Caddy during the week, a bloody Kia Sportage when I'm with the wife and kids, so I don't mind spending a little on my weekend car. The new owner will be getting the best 2 year old Cupra available at the time

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016

Yes I have the Revo Cone and i have just re oiled it as I got it second hand.

Carista is iphone app to make changes to VAG cars,
I am an OBD11 user and have done a lot of changes to the car as well as being able to check for fault codes etc.

Noise is at a nice level, when you hit the pedal you get a nice air sucking noise from the engine bay but its not in your face which is what I did not want.

which front splitter is that you've got? it's a bit longer and sharper than mine? looks good.

I think I may go for the revo cone but leave the map at stage 1. She's pretty savage as it is and I'm more after a nicer sportier cabin sound really

Deleted member 103408

which front splitter is that you've got? it's a bit longer and sharper than mine? looks good.

I think I may go for the revo cone but leave the map at stage 1. She's pretty savage as it is and I'm more after a nicer sportier cabin sound really

Spoiler is from Maxton Design they also do Side Skirts which I have.

There are a number of Cone intakes for the car but I expect they will all do the same.
Turbo Muffler Delete will also get you some noise but I have always shied away as they dont seem to give any worthwhile power but a lot of noise, I want some but not to much.

I asked my local dealer last week for cost of going stage 3 with DSG and all the bits, it was over 10k so i think that idea can go in the can till I win the lottery :)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I saw the muffler delete from Revo for £80, this is literally a part for quietening the turbo isn't it. Will probably leave that alone. I appreciate your comments mate, think I'll get the cone filter and that will be it.

Deleted member 103408

Yeah I saw the muffler delete from Revo for £80, this is literally a part for quietening the turbo isn't it. Will probably leave that alone. I appreciate your comments mate, think I'll get the cone filter and that will be it.

Firstly be aware revo prices do not include VAT so its £96, my understanding is it gives the air a smoother flow to the Turbo and you also get some noise as well but dont have one so not best person to comment on it.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
OK I might of missed it as I scrolled relatively fast through all of that talk regarding voiding this that or the next but is no one curious about this sub woofer? Mine came with the one fitted in the spare wheel though I am aware it may not have been the best they could find audio wise. Pictures of this tasteful sub would be appreciated. And further info on the security regarding it not being stolen as it's something I'm growing ever more concerned about the more toys I choose to fill her with.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Also not sure I'm a fan of the look but nice work on the pin stripping.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise