What to look out for? 2.0Tdi Sport

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
When you find out tell us - LOL.

Well you limit fast acceleration and braking. You change up as soon as possible and keep the revs down, unlike petrol where you high rev, diesel can shug allong at lower revs.

Speed is a key feature as well, obviously. The bottom line is whether you are driving for enjoyment on consumption or fun on handling and speed. I don't throw mine around at slow urban driving you only throw out polution, open road more fun.

Cruise control, yes use that to lock speed in 30 / 40 mph areas as others do here, but not on open road. Most people are a bit disappointed with the MPG that you get out of the TDI, reckon on the urban cycle being you're real figure for non urban driving.

Also keep an eye on those tyre pressures.

Its possible to put a little extra air in if u want more MPG, but be careful as the ride will be harder & a possibility of less grip, especially when it’s wet. Oh, and even a chance of uneven wear on the tyres.

Personally, I recommend purchasing a good quality tyre pressure gauge and check tyres once per week, but i'm lazy & mostly check when we have a significant change in temperature.

Tab

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Thanks folks, you've been a great bunch. I'm finding the car really enjoyable, the mid-range punch is unreal, you can really let rip when safe etc. Also finding it easy to get good mpg - be light footed seems to be the rule of thumb, but it really is the best of both worlds, and have something to back up the cars amazing looks.

I'm looking at a way of removing the soot from the chrome exhaust, has anyone an easy solution for this...brillo pad??

Rallye Dale

Feb 27, 2007
Warrington Cheshire
Better MPG achieved when cruise is off

Get some metal polish on the tail pipes, Autoglym or Solvol,and a cloth,just cleaned mine up on the FR and look mint now:funk:

DSC00232.jpg

Poor pic,took it on me phone

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Baby wipes has been suggested in the past... that you just give them a wipe when you get back home, but since I don't have one etc and I can't be bothered to clean mine which may defeat having them fitted, but the car didn't feel whole without them since I had them on my old one.

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Lads, the left rear inside tyre is completly bald, is this common or a regular occurance??.

thanks all.:shrug:

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Was onto dealer and it was tracked before I bought it, its just the inside of the left rear tyre and theres quite a bit of wear, might replace it soon and send him the bill.

Wheel Allignment seems to be a known issue with the car.

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
Was onto dealer and it was tracked before I bought it, its just the inside of the left rear tyre and theres quite a bit of wear, might replace it soon and send him the bill.

Wheel Allignment seems to be a known issue with the car.

Had a look at my front wheels a couple days ago when steering lock was right over. To my shock & disbelief, both front tyres scrubbed out on inners. Only had tracking / balancing checked 6 months ago, and I’m sure was only 2 months ago I had a really good look round the whole car, it did not have any tyre wear. Guess I’m going to have to watch tyres ever so carefully from now on:censored:

loadswine

loadswine
Mine does front tyres every 9-10k , often worn more on the inners. Tracking hasn't been out when checked, I have just put it down to spirited cornering, lots of parking , and of course those blasted speed humps, cubes and all the other useless rubbish they call "traffic calming"!

loadswine

loadswine
I got 2 new front tyres today, went for Goodyear F1s again, as I liked them before and Mytyres had them at a decent price.
When they took the old ones off.... Wow, the inside edges were worn down to the steel belts, miles more wear than the rest of the tyre.
I asked the fitters to do a tracking check, but they said that going back to the dealer was best, as there may be something wrong with my suspension.
It goes in tomorrow, so we'll see.
I thought you'd like to see the worn tyres:
DSC00729.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

Bad eh?

loadswine

loadswine
It is quite hard to see this on the car. I guess you need to turn the wheels onto full lock so you can get a better look.
As for the cause, well I still blame all the stupid humps and cube things in the road that go under the guise of "traffic calming" Ugh!!!
I should also point out that those old ones are Bridgestones and that Goodyears have now replaced them.

Tell

Staff member
It might have something to do with Loadswine's being chipped ;)..... mine seem to be OK but I reckon I need to get on my hands and knees to be on the safe side and look. I was getting some serious pulling down a hill, but the road had been dug up and now resurfaced so I decided that it wasn't anything serious since it's all back to normal.

I'm at about 20,000 miles on my original set and I reckon some of you people will have changed yours by now....

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
It might have something to do with Loadswine's being chipped ;)..... mine seem to be OK but I reckon I need to get on my hands and knees to be on the safe side and look. I was getting some serious pulling down a hill, but the road had been dug up and now resurfaced so I decided that it wasn't anything serious since it's all back to normal.

I'm at about 20,000 miles on my original set and I reckon some of you people will have changed yours by now....

mine are 35,000 and counting!!!:p:D

loadswine

loadswine
This is my 4th front set and its only done 34k, mind you Tell is right, mine is remapped, most of my driving is intense town work and I live in an area totally infested by humps in the road.
Its having a 4 wheel laser alignment today and a check over of the suspension components.

loadswine

loadswine
Well I've just got it back from the stealers. No reported suspension maladies, but they sent it for 4 wheel laser alignment and it was way out apparently. Thay gave me a printout, but I don't understand it fully.
The verdict was that either kerbing or continual punishment by speed humps was the cause. The mechanic actually asked if the customer (me) lived in Sutton! The humps round here are that notorious.
Damage was £190 after adjustment and vat.
I tell you what, the political party that pledges to remove these damn things gets my vote for sure.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.