what tyre pressure

paulueah

May 10, 2015
doncaster
I have recently got a 1.8 Alhambra. It had non standard vw wheels on it with tyre size 215 55 18 extra load. As these are non standard I have no idea what psi to put in them for every day run around and then when I have a full load. Any guidance is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Hi. I put 35 in for general running around but will check the label on my 2008 TDi and get back to you. Have you got the label inside the fuel filler cap that tells you the settings ?

paulueah

May 10, 2015
doncaster
The label only shows for 15 and 16" wheels. Like I say these are non standard 18" wheels. They came with the car but am not in the position to be able to change them back to the proper standard alloy wheels until I get the car running properly. I have had a look around online to try find what pressures I should use but have not found any answers. As always your advise is very much appreciated.

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Hi. Just had a look at sticker inside fuel filler cover and it says for the 17 inch low profiles that I have on the vehicle to put 42 PSi in for two people and 49 PSi for a full load of seven. Don't think I have ever run them that High I normally run 40 PSi all round.