What tyre would you buy again Poll????

What tyres would you buy again??

• Total voters

JimCupra

Aug 21, 2008
Bucks
Figured with all the threads on tyres, might as well start a poll, see what the outcome is....
Might help a few peeps (including me) make a decision.

PS. I know this probably doesnt cover all types, but that seemed like a good selection based on what
Ive read on the forum.

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
strange poll this one, as many of the tyres may not get votes simply as people have not used them and therefore cant say they would buy them again. so the 'winner' isnt necessarily going to be the best recommended tyre.

We need at least another where you can say what you would NOT buy again and them cross match them.

For example, the falkern is a popular tyre due to its price, so it could get twice the votes as another tyre so would look better. But if 4 times as many people had used the falkerns another tyre but the falkern had double the votes, then in actual fact they would be less recommended.

But dont let me sway anyone :)

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Falken for me - no surprise there, maybe they don't suit high bhp LCR but for a nudging 200bhp derv they're fine and for the price I won't complain. Uber sticky means uber fast wearing and with 500+ roundabouts to play on - i am not going to change tyres every 3 months for an extra 'bit' of grip!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Well Mr Fester I'm running them on a Stage 2 LCR and even throughout the winter have been happy with them. Cept for one incident on a frozen burst water main yesterday morning that snow chains wouldn't have gripped.
My next poll will be for 'Which pants would you buy again?' :cartman:

lukie burnout

toyos for me im not fussed on how long they last as long as they grip especialy though mk haha

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Got 4 Falkens on for 22,000 miles front need replacing now will defo go for them again.

Still stick in the ice tho both edges of the tyres have worn badly

I will stick a pic up of them :) got a mot notice onm them in october :/

Last edited:
I had P-Zero Nero's on my old Ibiza and can't really complain about them, never had an issue with them. Also had Toyo's before and had no problem but I've constantly read mixed things on here about them, but i'm inclined to go with these again i think as i say, i've had no issues, not bad for the £82 of camskill. The rest like already stated is just what ive heard, F1 tends to be the front runner whilst i've heard Yoko's are poor in the wet, great in the dry!

Are GSD3's not the older version of the F1, ie same'ish tyre just older rubber???

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
car had michellins and i went for falkens and if i was brutaly honest id say the falkens grip as well in dry but better in wet !!

I would recommend to anyone wanting value for money, and lets face it that is 80% of the forum.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
had dunlops when i first bought the car,was thinking 'OK not bad'.then bought michelin ps2s and the grip is sh!t scary!!!if it wasnt for the ps2s,id be in a ditch on the windy country roads from the way i drive (sometimes) :(

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
IMAG0046.jpg

I just replaced the Falkens after 23k mixed motoway and round town very good.

Last edited:

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I'd buy Toyos again. Been happy with them on two cars so far, not tried many others but they are a bit cheaper than Eagle F1s which I have been tempted towards :p

Vredestein are also highly rated (and also missing from your poll)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise