What tyres are your VZ2’s coming with?

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Just a quick one to find out what tyres are coming out of the factory? I know they are Bridgestone but what variant? Cheers

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
My VZ2 has 245/40 R19W (94) Bridgestone Turanza T005.

Four of them 😁
Thanks mate. Just looking at tyre comparisons and the Bridgestone Potenza’s don’t seem to fair too badly vs your usual suspects Michelin Pilot sports and Goodyear super sports. But I think the Turanza’s are a “touring” tyre rather than sport tyre like the Potenza.
How are you finding them grip wise, ride wise, noise wise?

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Thanks mate. Just looking at tyre comparisons and the Bridgestone Potenza’s don’t seem to fair too badly vs your usual suspects Michelin Pilot sports and Goodyear super sports. But I think the Turanza’s are a “touring” tyre rather than sport tyre like the Potenza.
They're actually not too bad, I had a good thrash around the Peak District yesterday. Very challenging fast, quick, steep turns and no complaints. Ride is brilliant in the car, hard to judge if its the tyres rather than the brilliant adaptive suspension. I'd say noise does depend on the road surface, again hard to say if it's the tyre or sound proofing. On smooth surfaces no issues.

People have very general, biased views on tyre makes (see reply above 😁). There is no way you would need to change these tyres. The Germans carry out very tough tests on tyres, the Turanza came out 3rd!
https://www.oponeo.co.uk/blog/adac-summer-tyre-test
Don't think you can compare them to the Potenza which I had on my previous Golf R 7.5, they got a bad rap with everyone and their dog saying 'Michelin Pilot Sports' blah blah blah. They were actually OK.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
They're actually not too bad, I had a good thrash around the Peak District yesterday. Very challenging fast, quick, steep turns and no complaints. Ride is brilliant in the car, hard to judge if its the tyres rather than the brilliant adaptive suspension. I'd say noise does depend on the road surface, again hard to say if it's the tyre or sound proofing. On smooth surfaces no issues.

People have very general, biased views on tyre makes (see reply above 😁). There is no way you would need to change these tyres. The Germans carry out very tough tests on tyres, the Turanza came out 3rd!
https://www.oponeo.co.uk/blog/adac-summer-tyre-test
Don't think you can compare them to the Potenza which I had on my previous Golf R 7.5, they got a bad rap with everyone and their dog saying 'Michelin Pilot Sports' blah blah blah. They were actually OK.
Yeah that’s what I mean, the Potenzas are actually a decent tyre, but there is some real brand snobbery without the testing to reinforce it.
Thanks for replying, much appreciated and can’t wait for my car to arrive.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
My Formentor came on Turanza, and my Abarth on Potenza. Abarth has almost 16K miles on the clock and tyres went through serious trashing in the Alps for two seasons and in hot weather and I have no complaints. Formentor will never see that kind of driving.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
The car can do sub 5s 0-100kmh on stock tyres. I think they are doing well.

I'll probably move to a more sporty tyre once the time to replace comes, but so far I think they are doing the job well. Since the car has Haldex it doesn't really suffer from wheelspin on front wheels.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
My Formentor came on Turanza, and my Abarth on Potenza. Abarth has almost 16K miles on the clock and tyres went through serious trashing in the Alps for two seasons and in hot weather and I have no complaints. Formentor will never see that kind of driving.
Thanks.
I had Potenza’s on my Octavia vRS and never found them wanting. It was just the change to Turanza’s that I was interested in for any change of character / performance, but sounds like they are a good tyre.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
The car can do sub 5s 0-100kmh on stock tyres. I think they are doing well.

I'll probably move to a more sporty tyre once the time to replace comes, but so far I think they are doing the job well. Since the car has Haldex it doesn't really suffer from wheelspin on front wheels.
Absolutely, wasn’t really questioning the tyres to be honest as I’ve had Bridgestone Potenza’s on a previous vRS, was more wanting to gauge actual owners thoughts on them from real world driving. All seems very positive. Appreciate the feedback. 👍🏼

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Absolutely, wasn’t really questioning the tyres to be honest as I’ve had Bridgestone Potenza’s on a previous vRS, was more wanting to gauge actual owners thoughts on them from real world driving. All seems very positive. Appreciate the feedback. 👍🏼
On my previous Leon, I had Bridgestones and I went for Pilot Sport later as I had wheel spin on hard acceleration (wheelspin/TC coming on). On a Formentor I am not noticing any wheel spin, I am not sure about TC - I haven't seen anything light up like in my previous Leon but then again I am not sure that it would show up on the dash (anyone know?). I am guessing that the ability for the car to give power to the rear wheels really helps with traction and minimizes traction control work.

Hard to compare other things. I know I am not able to.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
On my previous Leon, I had Bridgestones and I went for Pilot Sport later as I had wheel spin on hard acceleration (wheelspin/TC coming on). On a Formentor I am not noticing any wheel spin, I am not sure about TC - I haven't seen anything light up like in my previous Leon but then again I am not sure that it would show up on the dash (anyone know?). I am guessing that the ability for the car to give power to the rear wheels really helps with traction and minimizes traction control work.

Hard to compare other things. I know I am not able to.
Exciting times. I test drove a VZ3 last week, nothing silly, just some quick blarts down the odd slip road and then mostly bumper to bumper driving, which to be honest was great as my commute is mostly that anyway. Was amazed at how quiet the car is, but yes so sure footed, that drivetrain combo that they’ve refined so well on previous Golf R’s seems like an absolute diamond. I’ve got a while left until my car is supposed to be here, but looking forward to enjoying my driving again. Currently have a 520d touring, which is a good solid cruiser, but I’ve had it 4 years now and I’m bored with it. 🤣🤣🤣

Cipper

May 8, 2021
19" Bridgestone on mine as well.
Was wondering if I can buy a set of 18 inch rims for the winter period. Any idea if rims have pressure sensors? Or I can buy any standard rim?