What tyres did your Leon come with?

Which brand of tyre did your Leon come with?

• Michelin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Continental

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Dunlop

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Goodyear

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Hankook

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vredestein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
Last edited:

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Dunlop the quietest, that's what I'll be getting next.

But when you click on the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 it goes to the Dunlop Sport BluResponse review from last year...

Found the same but if you then click on one of the list of links it goes to the Sport Maxx.

Ogi

Jul 13, 2018
Serbia
Cant say I am not surprised.

Although this is nothing more than an average tyre, I was pretty satisfied becouse cars in this class comes mostly with worst tyres than this.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I now have the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 fitted and I am impressed with them. They are way quieter than the Bridgestones and have good feel and control. There is also a good sidewall protection which should help prevent any scrapes.

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
Pirelli p zero. Seem to get wheel hop even in the dry, but when warmed up properly (on a hot day) they seem fine. Still look new after 5k in two years.

Wow dude! After googling this "wheel hop" now I finally know what that was! After I bought my cupra - I even have called to the dealers, to ask what those noise are - when I start to drive some hard knocking noises from the front. I was a bit scared that totally new car has the gear box broken.
After a year and a half I've changed my wheels from Pirelli PZero to Michelin pilot sport 4S - the behavior was changed radically.

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
I think it may be worth pointing out that the latest P Zeros are much better than the earlier ones. This can cause confusion when someone raves about a particular tyre and another says they were the worst tyres they ever had on a car. This of course is down to changing the tyre formula but keeping the same name. If, however, a tyre is improved and the name changed this removes any such confusion.
Which reminds me that I really must list my P Zeros for sale and keep SWMBO happy.

What do you mean by "earlier ones"? I've ordered my car at end of the Aug' 16', got it in the November, the tires were created several weeks before the car was orderd i.e. somewhere in summer 2016 (not quite sure if those are earlier :) version ).

Anyhow, after I have my 4S - never go back to Pirelli, even they are probably better now. Front pair gone to the trash, were semi-slicks. The back pair I've sold as used.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I now have the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 fitted and I am impressed with them. They are way quieter than the Bridgestones and have good feel and control. There is also a good sidewall protection which should help prevent any scrapes.
Im going to be putting 2 of these on the front of mine next week to replace the knackered potenzas. Hoping they're a lot better than those coming off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Trout

Feb 28, 2018
What do you mean by "earlier ones"? I've ordered my car at end of the Aug' 16', got it in the November, the tires were created several weeks before the car was orderd i.e. somewhere in summer 2016 (not quite sure if those are earlier :) version ).

Anyhow, after I have my 4S - never go back to Pirelli, even they are probably better now. Front pair gone to the trash, were semi-slicks. The back pair I've sold as used.
It may have been a tyre test that I read. I think they changed the compound for 2017 but cannot be certain as I simply don't remember where I read about. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Zx7R

Dec 5, 2016
It may have been a tyre test that I read. I think they changed the compound for 2017 but cannot be certain as I simply don't remember where I read about. Sorry I can't be more specific.

The cool thing about PS4S is that I got them never since they are installed "wheel hop" (which is I have learned I had from time to time).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise