What wipers / blades have I got?

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Hi,

Needing some new front wiper blades, As you can see I look to have Bosch Aero ones but after much reading I am confused about aftermarket ones and Golf MKIV ones and cutting them and all that lol. If someone could tell me what blades / arms these are that would be great!

Cheers

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi mate, these are the golf mkIV aero wipers/arms. If the passenger arm has not been modified then you will have to cut an inch off the end of the passenger blade - this will let the blade sit flush on windscreen when down.
This is what I've got but am gonna modify the arm by cutting/moving the wiper bracket by an inch, this way you don't have to modify the original blades every time ;)

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Hi mate, these are the golf mkIV aero wipers/arms. If the passenger arm has not been modified then you will have to cut an inch off the end of the passenger blade - this will let the blade sit flush on windscreen when down.
This is what I've got but am gonna modify the arm by cutting/moving the wiper bracket by an inch, this way you don't have to modify the original blades every time ;)

Cheers mate. So can I buy any Aero wiper blades, or do you get Golf specific ones? Yeah I've seen the ones people have cut / modified the arm. I'll have to measure the blades when I get home and see what I've got. If I'm understanding this right the blades should be 21'' and 19'', so if cut down then the passengers one will be less than 19''?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.