What would you sell your cupra for?

Poverty

TT RS is a coupe and by defenition not a jack of all trades.

What about the VXR8 then?

I'm not a VX fan by any means, but that looks like a hell of a lot of fun - even if it's not quite as refined as an RS4, or as clinical as an M3 it does handle very very well. Ideal for the Pod or for some cheesy grin inducing hooning around A and B roads.

4.9s to 60
176mph (delimited)
1/4 mile 12.5s :worship:

There's another 200bhp to be had from the engine too.

4 seats and a boot.

Did i mention the sound? :cheeky:

Fun, fun fun.... :happy:

I would have one of it wasnt for the fact that they are the size of a yacht, and TBH I want a car where I am sitting down low with a low C.O.G

Al

Aug 29, 2005
TT RS is a coupe and by defenition not a jack of all trades.

What about the VXR8 then?

I'm not a VX fan by any means, but that looks like a hell of a lot of fun - even if it's not quite as refined as an RS4, or as clinical as an M3 it does handle very very well. Ideal for the Pod or for some cheesy grin inducing hooning around A and B roads.

4.9s to 60
176mph (delimited)
1/4 mile 12.5s :worship:

There's another 200bhp to be had from the engine too.

4 seats and a boot.

Did i mention the sound? :cheeky:

Fun, fun fun.... :happy:
I posted this already, but seeing how the sound makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, here it is again :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkiZdcAR6WU

This would be classed as a real mans car - a man who would wear timberlands, have a short back and sides and wear jeans covered in oil.

A TT-RS would be for men who like UGGS :lol:

Last edited:

Poverty

I posted this already, but seeing how the sound makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, here it is again :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkiZdcAR6WU

This would be classed as a real mans car - a man who would wear timberlands, have a short back and sides and wear jeans covered in oil.

A TT-RS would be for men who like UGGS :lol:

No way.

The TT-RS is the modern interpretation of the Ur-Quattro. You cannot get a more manly engine than the 5 cylinder turbocharged unit [B)]

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
but its £45k al! if i had that money to spend it wouldnt be on anything gm make.
stick with the cupra and buy a VXR8 sound track cd.

This is more or less what a TT RS will cost when you add options like windows, seats and wheels...

So you wouldn't have a Corvette Z06 then? Clearly lapping the ring in 7.22 is just too damn slow. ;)

Even if you go to the cost of fitting an LSD in a Cupra, you're still struggling as soon as you start adding power. Physics is physics. The Cupra is great at what it is, a value for money, fun, performance hatch. Start talking about bettering sports cars and you start to sound a bit loopy.

You just come back to the Lancer Evo. Unless you want to spend a lot, lot more, nothing with 4 seats and a roof will touch it. A Caterham or Ariel Atom would be faster, but are too impractical.

Poverty

This is more or less what a TT RS will cost when you add options like windows, seats and wheels...

So you wouldn't have a Corvette Z06 then? Clearly lapping the ring in 7.22 is just too damn slow. ;)

Even if you go to the cost of fitting an LSD in a Cupra, you're still struggling as soon as you start adding power. Physics is physics. The Cupra is great at what it is, a value for money, fun, performance hatch. Start talking about bettering sports cars and you start to sound a bit loopy.

You just come back to the Lancer Evo. Unless you want to spend a lot, lot more, nothing with 4 seats and a roof will touch it. A Caterham or Ariel Atom would be faster, but are too impractical.

Sometimes in life you want things for reasons other than the numbers and figures on paper.

Its like my GF, shes high maintenance, and on paper I would be financially better off with a plain jane, but its not what I fancy. ;)

Poverty

im with al im afraid.
i dont doubt the engine is fantastic, but the car itself...
its for someone thats good with colours.

No doubt, If I could have the engine and drivetrain of the RS in the cupra I would be happy, not that im not happy with what I have now, just happier :)

Thought about maybe the new GTR, but that is too heavy, and I think insuring one even for someone over 25 will soon become an issue with the way things are going never mind a 21 yr old.

M3 isnt tuneable, and the c63 too heavy also.

I think TT-RS is definetly me, low center of gravity, good amount of parts available for reasonably prices to mod, nice sound, nice interior, small and not too heavy.

But a evo is still playing in the back of my mind. I have wanted on since the first gran turismo came out? So about 13 years now? Closer to the time I will test drive both, along with some leftfield suggestions such as a vxr8 and maybe 911 carrera s or cayman s.

Last edited by a moderator:

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
If you're considering Porsche, there are lots of tuning options available to support all the race series. Downer is the expense!! But if you're considering a Cayman S, why not a Z4M? Neither are that pretty!

I envy you the choice and i'm sure whatever you get will be excellent fun!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
No doubt, If I could have the engine and drivetrain of the RS in the cupra I would be happy, not that im not happy with what I have now, just happier :)

Thought about maybe the new GTR, but that is too heavy, and I think insuring one even for someone over 25 will soon become an issue with the way things are going never mind a 21 yr old.

M3 isnt tuneable, and the c63 too heavy also.

I think TT-RS is definetly me, low center of gravity, good amount of parts available for reasonably prices to mod, nice sound, nice interior, small and not too heavy.

But a evo is still playing in the back of my mind. I have wanted on since the first gran turismo came out? So about 13 years now? Closer to the time I will test drive both, along with some leftfield suggestions such as a vxr8 and maybe 911 carrera s or cayman s.

You mentioned GTR there. If you can afford one, buy one. A stock GTR would beat a tuned TT-RS regardless of how heavy it is. The GTR's werent that far behind me on the 1/4 mile (me on my Yamaha R1)

Poverty

You mentioned GTR there. If you can afford one, buy one. A stock GTR would beat a tuned TT-RS regardless of how heavy it is. The GTR's werent that far behind me on the 1/4 mile (me on my Yamaha R1)

GTR's just dont really appeal to me for some reason, which is a good thing as one would ruin me financially :cartman: Also there are so many stories about them on the internet, such as gearbox reliability, spare parts prices, and insurance companies not wanting them on their books.

I need to get a bike license, now that im 21 can I ride what I want without restrictions? Do you much prefer riding your bike instead of taking the cupra for a blast?

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
A friend of mine almost never uses his 350Z since getting his bike. Fast bikes can ruin fast cars for you I guess. Damn cheap way of going stupidly fast though!

Shame the wife would never let me get a bike :-(

Poverty

The future audi R4. Im now wondering whether I should wait on this car

01_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

02_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

03_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

04_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

05_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

06_audietrondetroitlive.jpg

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
Well, if you're going to copy anyone's stying, Alfa is the one to go for.

Just been looking over the old Alfa SZ (discussion on another forum) and my god i love that car. Proper drivers car. So ugly it's beautiful. Alfa's brilliant 3 litre V6 in a RWD rocket set up by the FIAT group race and rally teams.

That sound though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvLi2-EQMPA

Last edited:

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
I personally would like to change my career to that of Poverty's. Unless of course it's selling your body to other men, i'd rather walk to work than drive if that's the case!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise