Whats the max width on wheels

usp

May 21, 2009
Kent
Just wanted to know how wide I can go wheel wise on my LCR without any arch rub of any kind.
I was thinking 9.5 x 19 rear and 9 x 19 front:confused:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I know of one guy who has 235's on front and back but not hear of any wider than that.
Really depends on how far you space these out.
It's not the arch rub it's the problem, it's the coil/spring rub that you will have to watch out for.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I have 8.5 on the front with 235/35/19, alloys are ET30 with a 3mm spacer to clear the brembo's, they barely fit and i get rubbing on the front arch liner in really bad roads, some people have also expierenced the inside tyre wall rubbing on the shocks to depending on what coilovers they have fitted. I have a set of 225/35/19 tyres on the way to help reduce the rubbing but they will have a slight stretch on them.I will still have my 8.5j 235/35/19 on the back but i will lower my car a few more MM and add bigger spacers to get a nicer stance. If i had my time again, i would have 8 up front and 9 rear.

It works taking in consideration that some 19" alloys, especially reps are much heavier than the OEM LCR aloys and increase your grip but will also affect your performance.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
the et is 38. gonna go for 235 tyres

I would really try those alloys before you buy, an 18x9.5 with ET38 will work out at about 170mm of back space from the inside of the alloy to the mounting point, thats alot.I would be suprised of they don't rub on the shock on the front or you will need spacers.Basically i think a 9.5 width alloy might be to wide.

Last edited:

usp

May 21, 2009
Kent
So if I go for 19x8j up front and 19x9j on the rear what sort of ET should I be looking at and what tyres without any rubbing

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.