What's your WORST mpg?

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
We all talk about the best mpg we get from our TDIs.

As it's winter, short cold journeys etc, and for a change, what's the WORST mpg you've had over a tankful?

I've just had 39mpg over a tank in my Passat, which is only the second sub-40mpg tankful I've had in 4 years.

It's still more than 50% better than the 24mpg my Volvo T4 used to give during winter :p

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Im sure my gf can never be bothered filling the tank full...
When ever she fills it, I get about 450- out of my Leon 110(I will proberly find this is normal lol)

:(

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
omly had mine a few months, so still a bit lead footed!

its only a 5 mile stint to work, and i do mostly town driving and have been getting around 420 to a tank

cant grumble, my brother does roughly the same driving as me in his focus (1.8 petrol) and only gets 240 a tank!

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Had my car 6 weeks, averaged 40-43mpg for a full tank but my commute is 14 miles each way, the engine does not warm up till 5 miles have been driven. If I drive everywhere at 2600rpm, I will get over 50mpg.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
the worst ive ever had is 44mpg, thats in the entire life of the car, it was worse on the mpg meter when i got it i think, im sure it was about 42 then and they never reset it. Dunno how i got 44 now, but thats bad, was not happy with that one bit.

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
the worst ive ever had is 44mpg, thats in the entire life of the car, it was worse on the mpg meter when i got it i think, im sure it was about 42 then and they never reset it. Dunno how i got 44 now, but thats bad, was not happy with that one bit.

On an average drive of how many miles? Motorway?

Murielson

Now filled up 3 times since getting car last month and have 53, 52 and 51 mpg per fill.

A303, M3 and M25 commute.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
The economy on my Passat 130 has dropped really badly recently, struggling to average over 40mpg now, even when driving like a granny - some journeys only getting 36/37mpg :(

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
The economy on my Passat 130 has dropped really badly recently, struggling to average over 40mpg now, even when driving like a granny - some journeys only getting 36/37mpg :(

Yep ditto......and I dont know why yet ?!?!?!?!?!?

I would also say if I'm driving it hard the mpg is as bad as it was. It just seems when I'm grannying it or medium driving I'm struggling to break the 40mpg too !!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.