What's your WORST mpg?

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Pressing that little button inside your filler cap to fit more diesel in. Typically a 55 litre tank will actually hold 65litres, you just have to hold the button down till all the pressure escapes.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I have just tipped over 5k so i guess my mog will still increase?

As i am new to TDI's and not really clued up, what is the best way to increase the mpg? i do mainly long distance driving. Also where is the peak torque range ?

Peak Torque for 2.0TDI is 1750rpm, 1.9TDI is 1900rpm. peak HP is 4000rpm.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I ran mine to the absolute minimum that i dare to this morning. I had 576 miles on the trip computer (i reset it at every fill up) and the OBC estimated a further 25 miles left in the tank. Filled it to the brim and it took 59.80 litres. Thats a 60 litre tank! Not going to get much lower without needing a jerry can and some walking boots.

bmsc22990

May 20, 2004
edinburgh
Try owning a bammer! mines a 115 tdi tiptronic and gets about 25mpg in town and i've yet to get 400 to a tank with mixed driving. Still love it though. my mates got a 807 and its worse,cost more and is no where near as good to drive.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
i drove on the bare min of fuel this morning, got suprisingly far on it!! still some left i reckon! got 483miles on a tank full, between 56/58ltrs. wasnt sure. filled up and have 59ltrs in tank, could've prob got the 60 out, but cant vent, no sign of the button yet!? only worked out this week at 38mpg....pretty bad, thinking there something wrong with the car now!!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Does anyone actually know the difference what air con makes on the mpg?

It is extra load on the enigine, dont know exact figures but extra load = extra fuel! maybe works out at a couple of mpg using it, not sure, also read something on her e taken from a topgear survey that the rear demister is the biggest drain on mpg (apart from the heavy right foot).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise