wheel alignment - adjust camber?

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
lowered my car at the weekend and the camber on the front seems to be out by quite a bit now. How can i change it? pic shows you what i mean:

DSC00599copy.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the two bolts that hold the front strut to the hub carrier - 10mm bolts, 11mm hole - that's how you adjust it

Mckellar

You'd rather risk damage to your car than take the time to replace a bolt and nut.

Yep, clever.

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Not 100% sure if it'll damage the car or not, but I assume there is a reason for it... from working on car's previously, the suspension parts are usually very specific in the way they need to be round. Guess its to do with the stress it gets put under!! For the sake of a 10minute job it shouldn't be skipped.

Besides if your'e adjusting the camber the tracking might need to be re-done anyway.... even then, it shouldn't knock it out by much just by switching round one bolt!

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
Might just be me but that building in the background looks familiar, any chance you hail from Swindon chris? Sure I've seen a motor like that a couple of times too

yeah that would prob be me then as im fom swindon. what do u drive?

ill adjust those bolts as soon as i get 5 and see if i can get it spot on. thanks guys

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
having the nut and bolt either way makes no difference to safety and all that, its just prettier to have them the same :)

i did my camber with a bit of wood ( abit bent but straigtish ) and a tape measure, then did the toe by eye... 4 months and 4kish miles tyre wear is fine and it handles well enough.