Wheel spacers with spigot rings and camber adjustment

Apr 16, 2020
Hi,
A few questions here, any help would be appreciated. I’m looking to have some negative camber on the rear of my Ibiza 6J, so what are people using for camber adjustment and how many degrees of negative camber would be ok? Also, how do spacers work if I’ve got spigot rings on my wheels?
Cheers??

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Only way I’ve seen rear negative camber is by doing the “washer” method. As for spacers with spigot rings, its just as simple as installing the spacers as usual. The spigot rings sit in the wheels, not on the hubs. Hope that helps!

Apr 16, 2020
Yes thanks for the help! I ordered my spacers but had some issues. 1) the spacer wasn’t fitting flush against the hub and there was a gap of about 3mm. 2) the extended wheel bolts I got with them were too long and were causing rear brake interference. I’m sending them back but i don’t know what spacers wont have the flush mounting issue?

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Yes thanks for the help! I ordered my spacers but had some issues. 1) the spacer wasn’t fitting flush against the hub and there was a gap of about 3mm. 2) the extended wheel bolts I got with them were too long and were causing rear brake interference. I’m sending them back but i don’t know what spacers wont have the flush mounting issue?
Sometimes the spacers are quite tight on the hub, this usually closes once you tighten the wheel up against it. It pulls everything together, unless the hubcentric part of the spacer wasn’t deep enough to fit all the way onto the lip of the hub

Apr 16, 2020
I think it was the depth of the hubcentric part of the spacer that was the issue, but that measurement isn’t advertised when buying spacers is it?

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Depends on the company tbh mate. Here’s a screenshot from the company I bought mine from.
58B31B52-ED62-4CFE-9CB6-19A833F00111.png

Apr 16, 2020
Think that was my issue, the ones I bought never said anything about that but I’ve got a full refund anyways. I guess I’ll just have to shop around until I find a set that works??‍♂️
Cheers mate??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.