Wheel spacers

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Should be getting my 17" Saga's on next week but would like to put spacers on the rears to fill the arch a bit more. Does anyone on here have any on and how much is it safe to space them out by using the standard wheel bolts?

Many thanks

Gaz

Deleted member 55317

i would get new bolt...well i DID haha......just imagine the though of ur wheel coming off at 70 and ull easy splash the extra cash....dpm performance did my 10mm forge spacers (hubcentric so's not to increase stress on the bearings) and bolts for £100

Darkman16GR

Should be getting my 17" Saga's on next week but would like to put spacers on the rears to fill the arch a bit more. Does anyone on here have any on and how much is it safe to space them out by using the standard wheel bolts?

Many thanks

Gaz

i have listen spacers is not safety! better if you have rims with small offset!

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
If your putting wheel spacers on no matter what size it's always best to get the correct length bolts and aslong as you do this and stick with good quality spacers you'll be fine and safe.

Damian @ DPM Performance

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You won't be able to get less than 15mm on the back with hub centric spacers as they will bottom out before they are set flush on the disc.

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Sounds like more hassle than I could be bothered with to be honest so don't think I'll bother.

I had a bad experience with spacers and incorrectly sized bolts many many years ago, long story short I was supplied multi-fit wheels (Ford offset to fit a Citroen) which needed a 20mm spacer to correct the offset, he supplied me bolts that although did thread in to some degree were not long enough and as a result after a few months the car started making some really strange noises and wrecked the hubs. When I went back to them they just refused to accept responsibility :(

Anyway thanks for the info guys :thumbup:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.