Wheel Spin in wet, 1st to 4th gear

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
no I talk from experience, having had a few remapped cars and being on this forum for sometime

and I have plenty of positive attitude, but only where its due, and clearly not in this instance

if its wet, and you know there wont be any grip, then why put your foot down?

from owning and running remapped cars, wheel spin only tends to occur from planting too much of the throttle

if it's wet, then you can drive a turbo aspirated car perfectly fine and at reasonable speed in line with the rest of the traffic and also doing this by staying off the boost, thus preventing wheel spin

what answers did you expect from posting this......:rolleyes:

I think u would really need to drive my car to see what i am talking about, this was on a motorway with 80mph limit, well in line with the rest of the traffic.

I would expect more grip than i am getting, as said before, i am not looking for super duper performace or to bend the laws of Physics, but i would expect more however.

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
As a lot of ppl on this thread have said it'll be the tyres matey.

got that lordgibbness, but because of the vast amount of expierence on this site i was wondering if something else could help with grip, but thats where i am screwed for the next little while , forked out €650 for these as they got good reviews from people on here! and the tyre websites and i always like to try a different set of tyres each time for expierence.i had Eagle F1's and Toyo's proxes before that, so i don;t scrimp on tyres as someone suggested, never have never will!:rolleyes:

i think however i may go with either Brigdestone(even though dunlop are owned by them now) or these ones have been getting some good reviews and a bit of buzz about them, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Last edited:

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
it will be the tyres yes, but you will still be able to spin in the wet no matter what tyres you are going to put on if im honest. when you have all that power through the front wheels and the turbo kicks in its obviously its going to loose grip, it will be better with better tyres but its not going to STOP you spinning. i can be in 3th and 4th and put my foot down in the wet when the turbo kicks in it will spin up through the revs. but why would you want to drive like an idiot in the wet anyway.. id rather leave it till its dry :D wet weather and understeering leons dont go togther well..

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
it will be the tyres yes, but you will still be able to spin in the wet no matter what tyres you are going to put on if im honest. when you have all that power through the front wheels and the turbo kicks in its obviously its going to loose grip, it will be better with better tyres but its not going to STOP you spinning. i can be in 3th and 4th and put my foot down in the wet when the turbo kicks in it will spin up through the revs. but why would you want to drive like an idiot in the wet anyway.. id rather leave it till its dry :D wet weather and understeering leons dont go togther well..

agree with jwfcms,and buy some f1's and don't drive so mad in the wet.

Aug 24, 2007
the TCS light being on does not necessarily mean you are wheel spinning. The car is clamping on the anchors to try and stop it from spinning and I guess you are trying to accelerate to compensate for this.

No win situation mate, either feed in the power or stick a few bags of sand on the bonnet so you get more traction.

Harder bushes will make it worse methinks :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
but why would you want to drive like an idiot in the wet anyway.. id rather leave it [/QUOTE said:
Thanks, but don't jump to your own conclusions, i don't drive like an idiot, if u were to drive an LCR like and idiot, u would be in the ground by now.
Tyres defo are on the list with the correct PSI, i don't drive mad in the wet but did notice if i try to get some power down there is very little traction, so i was mostly wondering if other people experience this and if yes is there anything that can be done about.Unfortunately for the LCR apart from tyres and a light foot, i think not.

Also i don't think my remap helps as i get a huge surge of power at about 3500rrpm and the wheels just can not handle it in the wet.

In the dry this car is awesome to drive, but in the wet you really need your wits about u.A review i read some time ago mentioned it was hard to get the power down in the LCR, me thinks they were right.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
the TCS light being on does not necessarily mean you are wheel spinning. The car is clamping on the anchors to try and stop it from spinning and I guess you are trying to accelerate to compensate for this.

No win situation mate, either feed in the power or stick a few bags of sand on the bonnet so you get more traction.

Harder bushes will make it worse methinks :)

i think i'll be putting my spare tyre back in the boot for the extra weight or start on a rapid weigh gain diet:lol:

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
2 things firstly since when have motorways been an 80mph limit.....its 70!

And secondly you say you get a surge of power at 3500 rpm, change gear before then? simples

Aug 24, 2007
3000 rpm is 80mph ish in 6th isn't it :D

I know what you're saying though, my mates Golf anny had dunlops on it and it span up everywhere.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
3000 rpm is 80mph ish in 6th isn't it :D

I know what you're saying though, my mates Golf anny had dunlops on it and it span up everywhere.

need to check that Mylo, i was taking bout accelarating up from 50mph the boost kicks in big time at 3500rpm, its nice to see though that some else has the same bad expierence with the dunlops, jsut goes to show how these reviews can be way off sometimes and you need to buy a set of tyres before u actually see how bad they are.

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
You have opened a can of worms here matey!!! everyone on this site will tell you that you should have good year gsd3's coz thats the best tyre to get???!!! The tyres you have are good i had dunlop many times before with no problems
I have apparently the worst tyres in the world according to everyone on here and they are pirelli pzero nero. I think there great!!! no problem with them in wet or dry. I think you just need to adjust how you drive in the wet thats all

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.